2011 Edge Sport Rims

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2011 Edge Sport and I was wondering what products I can use to keep my rims clean and shiny that doesn't damage them in the process. Also I was wondering what kind of tire shine would work the best with my tires. Thank you in advance! :D post-16223-0-49716400-1308161515_thumb.jpg

Hey, since you're not telling your gender, we're not answering your question.....hahaha...just kidding. I use Zep Citrus cut with 4 parts of water; 1 part of ZC in a spray bottle for the wheels. It is strong enough to cut brake dust. Go to Home Depot and you can get it by the gallon. You can use it on the tires too although I prefer Zep Purple degreaser (same ratio) for that job. (I do professional detailing on the side). I would then advise to go to Carquest and pick up some Duragloss 105 sealant. Seal your wheels with that after cleaning them. As far as tire shine goes, Meguiars Endurance is not bad for OTC. BTW, you need to check out Autogeek.net for detailing supplies. Their site will blow your mind with the selection. You should join a detailing forum too, there's a ton of great info on them (almost too much sometimes). Autogeek has one and I help run one called Live2Detail.com. Hope to see you there.

Thank you, and I will definitely check out Autogeek. :D

Hey, since you're not telling your gender, we're not answering your question.....hahaha...just kidding. I use Zep Citrus cut with 4 parts of water; 1 part of ZC in a spray bottle for the wheels. It is strong enough to cut brake dust. Go to Home Depot and you can get it by the gallon. You can use it on the tires too although I prefer Zep Purple degreaser (same ratio) for that job. (I do professional detailing on the side). I would then advise to go to Carquest and pick up some Duragloss 105 sealant. Seal your wheels with that after cleaning them. As far as tire shine goes, Meguiars Endurance is not bad for OTC. BTW, you need to check out Autogeek.net for detailing supplies. Their site will blow your mind with the selection. You should join a detailing forum too, there's a ton of great info on them (almost too much sometimes). Autogeek has one and I help run one called Live2Detail.com. Hope to see you there.

I wash my car weekly, sometimes more, and I just wash the wheels last, with the car wash that I used on the car, but I do use a seperate mit for the wheels only. I use regular car wax on the wheels, and they hold up quite well. For the tires, I use Lucas slick mist. It's water based, so no problem with tires turning brown, as when using petroleum based products.

Edited by JOEHIO

Live2Detail.com is highly recommended!!!!

Richy introduced me to it a few months ago and I think I'm on that forum more then this one now. There is all kinds of great information and a great group of people. You may need to spend a few bucks on the new stuff that gets recommended to you, but its well worth it.

Thanks again Richy!! and my Edge thanks you too :worship: