Street not in Navigation

I tried to get directions for a trip, and the street isn't in the Nav system. I've confirmed with both Google Maps and MapQuest. I've "sent" the Google Maps directions to the car via Sync (I'll try that tomorrow), but I was under the impression that Google doesn't actually send the directions, just the address (which it won't recognize).

I suppose I could get Long/Lat from Google Maps and use that, but has anyone else had this issue?

I tried to get directions for a trip, and the street isn't in the Nav system. I've confirmed with both Google Maps and MapQuest. I've "sent" the Google Maps directions to the car via Sync (I'll try that tomorrow), but I was under the impression that Google doesn't actually send the directions, just the address (which it won't recognize).

I suppose I could get Long/Lat from Google Maps and use that, but has anyone else had this issue?

If you know where it is you should be able to browse the map and mark the destination manually. At least you can do that on my 08 Edge with the older Nav system.

This morning I entered the location's Lat/Long and it showed up, right where it should, on the street which was named. The fact that I couldn't find this name while trying to enter street address is more than annoying.

I've emailed NAVTEQ (the company that provides the map SD card) to see what they know.

This morning I entered the location's Lat/Long and it showed up, right where it should, on the street which was named. The fact that I couldn't find this name while trying to enter street address is more than annoying.

I've emailed NAVTEQ (the company that provides the map SD card) to see what they know.

Did you double check the spelling? Sometimes it can be off by one letter. If it's the same I'd check with the dealer about reloading the Nav software per the previous suggestion.

The SD cards (and Sync services) use the TeleNav database not Navteq. Navteq is on the older Pioneer and Clarion systems (07-10 Edge).

But I wouldn't be surprised if it's really a MFT issue. Do you have the latest software?

Edited by Waldo

The street isn't missing, it's just that the Touch software can't find it. Once I entered that latitude/longitude as wellas synced from Google Maps, the address was found and the street is clearly in the map database.

Here's the address and coordinates if you want to try:

2729 Bison Ranch Trl, Heber-Overgaard, AZ

N 34.39, W 110.53 or N 34D, 23M, 27S, W 110D, 31M, 35S

The street isn't missing, it's just that the Touch software can't find it. Once I entered that latitude/longitude as wellas synced from Google Maps, the address was found and the street is clearly in the map database.

Here's the address and coordinates if you want to try:

2729 Bison Ranch Trl, Heber-Overgaard, AZ

N 34.39, W 110.53 or N 34D, 23M, 27S, W 110D, 31M, 35S

I sent the address to Sync from google. My 11 Edge Nav found it...But you knew that.

I tried keying the address in and Nav software couldn't find your town. The best I could do was N Bison Ridge Trl in 3 other towns.

So...How do we update the Nav SOFTWARE?

post-9129-0-59565500-1308919439_thumb.jpg

post-9129-0-57050800-1308920250_thumb.jpg

Edited by wilsons66604

You don't - the dealer does - same way you get all the other MFT updates. I don't understand why this is so confusing.

The confusing part is the location of this nav software? On the sim card, in MyFordTouch, or somewhere else?

All along we have been able to track the sync versions and get them updated. Nothing is said about the nav software. Is nav software included in the sync updates or is it a seperate package? If I go to my dealer and request a nav update cuz my system can't locate an address, will they be able to do it?

The confusing part is the location of this nav software? On the sim card, in MyFordTouch, or somewhere else?

All along we have been able to track the sync versions and get them updated. Nothing is said about the nav software. Is nav software included in the sync updates or is it a seperate package? If I go to my dealer and request a nav update cuz my system can't locate an address, will they be able to do it?

It's part of the MFT software. I assume it's included in the MFT update - we know it's not a stand alone option. Call the dealer and ask.