Is there a TSB out there for the blank screens on MyFordTouch?

Hi...I am new to posting things on forums, so please bear with me!

I just bought a 2011 Ford Edge SEL on Saturday, June 18, 2011. I synced my Motorola Droid and everything was fine. Today, leaving clinicals, my screen is completely black!! Imagine how pissed I was??? :censored:

Took it to the dealership and they said my phone wasn't compatible (which it is...triple checked) and was told of TSB 11-04-18 by a Sync rep. Evidently, the version I have (2.4) is out of date and there is a new version 2.8 that needs to be installed.

Anyone else have this issue? Now I have to go back to the dealership to have them downlaod the new version. Any insight would be wonderful!

Thanks

I just bought a 2011 Ford Edge SEL on Saturday, June 18, 2011. I synced my Motorola Droid and everything was fine. Today, leaving clinicals, my screen is completely black!! Imagine how pissed I was??? :censored:

Took it to the dealership and they said my phone wasn't compatible (which it is...triple checked) and was told of TSB 11-04-18 by a Sync rep. Evidently, the version I have (2.4) is out of date and there is a new version 2.8 that needs to be installed.

Anyone else have this issue? Now I have to go back to the dealership to have them downlaod the new version. Any insight would be wonderful!

Thanks

Nope - no problems reported here. :rolleyes:

Just kidding - there are numerous threads but it appears they're all in the 2011 Edge forum. There used to be a link here but I think it got lost in the reorg.

Start here: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/6240-2011-edgemkx-my-touch-and-sync-problems/

I had my screen go black with 2.4. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes, then reconnected. That corrected that once. But the underlying problem still existed. So the dealer tried to upgrade to 2.8, and was not successful. So they ordered a new screen(?). New screen did not resolve not being able to upgrade, so they put a different tech on the problem. Original screen took the upgrade and all has been fine since.

Thanks

I, too, had this issue, although it didn't happen till AFTER they installed the 2.8 version! After 1 1/2 weeks at the dealership, they basically told me that if it happens again, undo the battery cables (in effect, cutting off the electricity) and then re-attach them. Yeah, I just love professional advice!!!

• 2 weeks later...