Paint Ford Edge SE?

Hey guys,

I have a Ford Edge SE in blazing copper from 2008 that has the ugly black mirrors, door handles, and roof over the rear window! What are my options for painting/replacing these? I would love to have a body shop paint them, but I don't know if they can paint over the rough material.

You can paint the textured pieces. I painted all the cladding on my '11 Edge. You just need to have it prepped properly otherwise the paint won't stick.

It will have a slight textured look to it however - unless it is sanded completely smooth as noted above.

I've got pics on here somewhere of how it turned out - it's a Platinum White 2011 Edge Ltd.

You can paint the textured pieces. I painted all the cladding on my '11 Edge. You just need to have it prepped properly otherwise the paint won't stick.

It will have a slight textured look to it however - unless it is sanded completely smooth as noted above.

I've got pics on here somewhere of how it turned out - it's a Platinum White 2011 Edge Ltd.

That post was my original inspiration for my project! I was able to obtain some mirror and door handles in the orange color so now I want to paint the visor and bumpers. I also read somewhere that this sometimes does not come out well on the pre-2011 models. Is this true? I heard the best place to have the painting done is through the ford dealership.

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, not many dealerships are equipped to handle body work too.

I've found that dealerships are in business to sell cars... whereas body shops are in business to fix and paint cars.

Albeit some dealerships to have preffered body shops, or even in-house shops in certain areas.

It's worth looking into either way.

On paper, the retail estimate to refinish all of the lower cladding and lower door moldings, the grille, and two-tone the upper spoiler is around $2k -> thats based on our shop rate as is governed by our major insurance provider here in Canada.