Slight Rattle

tman5781

I have a 2011 Edge SEL that I picked up about 1 month ago. Within the first week of having the vehicle I noticed a slight rattle/fluttering noise that seemd to come from the driver side mirror area or the front corner of the dash. I took it into the dealer because it seemed like the covers on the morror were loose and I thought that may be the poroblem.

The dealer said they "adjusted" the mirror cover t(hey are stil llose) but the noise is still there. I hear it mostly when on the freeway traveling at or slightly above 70 MPH.

Anyone else have this problem? If so has it been fixed and do you know what caused it?

• 6 months later...

I just saw this post and I have had the same problem twice. You need to have the dealership check all the fasteners that hold the plastic wheel wells in place. The first time I had the rattle there were 2 fasteners missing and the second time there was a different fastener missing. It fixed the rattle both times and hasn't returned, not yet at least.

I just saw this post and I have had the same problem twice. You need to have the dealership check all the fasteners that hold the plastic wheel wells in place. The first time I had the rattle there were 2 fasteners missing and the second time there was a different fastener missing. It fixed the rattle both times and hasn't returned, not yet at least.

I just recently bought a 2012 Edge, and I have the same type of noise, but have not taken it to the dealer. I'll check both the mirror covers and wheel wells.

I just recently bought a 2012 Edge, and I have the same type of noise, but have not taken it to the dealer. I'll check both the mirror covers and wheel wells.

Is the rattle constant, or comes and goes? I have a rattle up there that will shake or make noise like 3 or 4 times every few minutes.....haven't found what it is, but I will check the wheel wells this weekend!

Is the rattle constant, or comes and goes? I have a rattle up there that will shake or make noise like 3 or 4 times every few minutes.....haven't found what it is, but I will check the wheel wells this weekend!

Mine is intermittent - I think. Because I'm always listening to something, either music or audiobooks, even if it were constant, I just might be missing it.

• 2 months later...

I have been having the same occasional rattle on my 2011 Limited FWD. It seems to be most noticable between 35-55 mph, and sounds like it's coming from the left front wheel area. It's always hard to tell with rattles/squeaks/noises, because they don't always come from where you may think they are. My mirror covers are a bit loose too, but it just doesn't seem like that's the problem. I have tried to have the window open - but then there is too much wind noise. I'll have my first service soon, so I'll have the dealer check out out.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is intermittent - I think. Because I'm always listening to something, either music or audiobooks, even if it were constant, I just might be missing it.

Finally got around to taking my Edge in. Left a note explaining that other owners have found the wheel well liners to be loose, causing the noise. But they either didn't read my note, or disregarded it. So they spent a whole day looking, testing, etc. And guess what they found it to be? Right, the wheel well liners were loose! Aaaaaaaaargh.

• 2 months later...