Got My Edge Yesterday...

seabee78

...and am loving it so far. I have tested everything on MFT except the Nav and that's next. At first my USB would show the tracks playing but no sound. Sirius and AM/FM played sound but not the USB. I disconnected my iPod and reconnected it and it worked like a charm.

One thing that didn't seem to work was the phone button on the steering wheel. I'd make a call with the voice recog and then when finished I pushed the hang up phone button. No hang up. I tried "End Call" on voice. It muted the call but didn't hang up. I ended up ending the call via the center touch screen. I'll test this out some more later today.

I'm grinnin' ear-to-ear overall. The ride. Man, what a smooth ride. And next to no vibration on the steering wheel. Cruised to 120K/ph on the highway before I knew it. Speed sure can creep up to you on this thing.

PS- How do I check what software version I have? The dealer didn't seem to know. I told him version 2.11 just came out. He said he imagined they would have updated everything before giving it to me. Right. You know what assuming does, right?

ETA: Oh, I'm in New Brunswick, Canada BTW. Hi to all you Edge owners!

Edited by seabee78

Congrats. I bought in Jan. and I believe have the 2.4v but will have to confirm. Can Canadians sign up to that webpage Syncmyride? I didn't think they could. I doubt you'll dealer would put in the latest version. Once they have your money, they wouldn't go out of their way to do extras. You aren't missing much without the Navi. It hasn't exactly worked well for me. My $200 Garmin works better. If it doesn't know an address or gets confused (often), it just boots to Alberta as an address (Canada version). Now my voice command is not working properly on it.

I agree the ride is smooth.

Good luck and enjoy.