Simoniz GlassCoat?

Does anyone have information on how to properly maintain a car's paint that has been treated with Simoniz ClassCoat?

I worked at a used car lot for about 10 years and detailed, maintained, fixed, painted, and even sold cars but I never had any experience with the product.

I just traded in my 2007 Civic Si sedan and bought a new 2011 Edge Limited and had them apply the Simoniz ClassCoat (sounds like a great product and the car looks great!).

Can/should you still wax as often as you normally would?

Can you use that CQuartz stuff that I have seen talked about on this forum or would that defeat the purpose of Simoniz?

Feel free to share your experiences and any input you can provide me. Links to Web sites on products that work great with Simoniz or information on Simoniz is appreciated!

Thanks,

BHallzy4

:worship:

Does anyone have information on how to properly maintain a car's paint that has been treated with Simoniz ClassCoat?

I worked at a used car lot for about 10 years and detailed, maintained, fixed, painted, and even sold cars but I never had any experience with the product.

I just traded in my 2007 Civic Si sedan and bought a new 2011 Edge Limited and had them apply the Simoniz ClassCoat (sounds like a great product and the car looks great!).

Can/should you still wax as often as you normally would?

Can you use that CQuartz stuff that I have seen talked about on this forum or would that defeat the purpose of Simoniz?

Feel free to share your experiences and any input you can provide me. Links to Web sites on products that work great with Simoniz or information on Simoniz is appreciated!

Thanks,

BHallzy4

:worship:

It sounds like this Simoniz GlassCoat is similar to the CQuartz in what it does. But they seem very secretive on what it actually contains.

You can still use waxes, but it seems like you have a semi permanent sealant on there already.

How does it do after washing? does the water bead and sheet off?

Edited by cal3thousand

It sounds like this Simoniz GlassCoat is similar to the CQuartz in what it does. But they seem very secretive on what it actually contains.

You can still use waxes, but it seems like you have a semi permanent sealant on there already.

How does it do after washing? does the water bead and sheet off?

I have only had it a week so I haven't washed it yet.

However it rain all weekend and there wash tremendous beading going on.

So you must be right.

I'll just watch the bead levels and wax as needed.

Thanks!

:happy feet:

Another GREAT product on the market is a product called Nano Diamond Shield. I used it on our cars 4 months ago, and when I wash it, or it rains, the water beads up like crazy. The website is 'WWW.NANODIAMONDSHIELD.COM'. It is guaranteed to last for 12 months. There are video's on it, shows how it works. I googled it, and many people raved about the product. A member of this forum, Richy, has a product called Cquartz, that he swears by, also another member Edgieguy. My only complaint, is that I have free time on my hands. Before, using regular carnuba waxes, I would do our cars every 6-8 weeks, now I haven't touched them in 4 months, using N.D.S. ! You can buy it online at their website, but you can get it cheaper at Pep Boys or Advanced Auto Store. I first used it on my '06 Explorer (Dark Stone), which I plan to replace with a '12 MKX, then, when I saw the results, and how EASY it was to apply and wipe off, I did my wife's MKS ( Cinnamon ). The only suggestion I have, is, if a car hasn't been waxed for a while, is to first go over it with a wax with a cleaner in it ( I used Meguires cleaner wax ), to remove any embedded dirt. This stuff really seals the paint, and one hell of a job on the windows, and wheels. LOL with what ever you choose.

Joe

:happy feet:

Another GREAT product on the market is a product called Nano Diamond Shield. I used it on our cars 4 months ago, and when I wash it, or it rains, the water beads up like crazy. The website is 'WWW.NANODIAMONDSHIELD.COM'. It is guaranteed to last for 12 months. There are video's on it, shows how it works. I googled it, and many people raved about the product. A member of this forum, Richy, has a product called Cquartz, that he swears by, also another member Edgieguy. My only complaint, is that I have free time on my hands. Before, using regular carnuba waxes, I would do our cars every 6-8 weeks, now I haven't touched them in 4 months, using N.D.S. ! You can buy it online at their website, but you can get it cheaper at Pep Boys or Advanced Auto Store. I first used it on my '06 Explorer (Dark Stone), which I plan to replace with a '12 MKX, then, when I saw the results, and how EASY it was to apply and wipe off, I did my wife's MKS ( Cinnamon ). The only suggestion I have, is, if a car hasn't been waxed for a while, is to first go over it with a wax with a cleaner in it ( I used Meguires cleaner wax ), to remove any embedded dirt. This stuff really seals the paint, and one hell of a job on the windows, and wheels. LOL with what ever you choose.

Joe

haha... you'll find all kinds of things to coat with this crap.

I used UPGP on my shower mirror and it's awesome. The thing still fogs, but one pass with the water nozzle and everything sheets off. No more missed spots while shaving :lol: