Pictures wont add to screen

Hey there. Does anyone know why I cannot add my own pictures to my screen? I have tried using the USB stick and the SD card to do it and it always says image cannot be added. I have made the pictures smaller and everything. Is there a certain format for it?

Yes. A typical pic is too big for Touch

Here's is page form the Touch manual...

Uploading photos for your home screen wallpaper

Your system allows you to upload and view up to 32 photos.

To access:

1. Press Menu > Display > Edit Wallpaper.

2. Follow the system prompts to upload your photographs.

Note: You can NOT load photos directly from your camera. You MUST

access the photos from either your USB mass storage device or from an

SD card.

Photo display limitations:

• Compatible file formats are as follows: .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp

• Each file must be 1.5 MB or less.

• Recommended dimensions: 800 x 378

• Only the photograph(s) which meet these conditions will be

displayed. Photographs with extremely large dimensions (i.e., 2048

x 1536) may not be compatible and will appear as a blank (black)

image on the display.

Settings

See End User License Agreement at the end of this book

Edited by wilsons66604

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there. Does anyone know why I cannot add my own pictures to my screen? I have tried using the USB stick and the SD card to do it and it always says image cannot be added. I have made the pictures smaller and everything. Is there a certain format for it?

This is my first post to the forum - so I hope I'm doing it right!

I've have some pictures take and some be rejected. Then I was playing around with other settings - and I got it!!! I don't know what the magic number is - but all of pictures were cropped to be 800x378 pixels as the screen recommends.......but they all worked when they were LESS THAN 100dpi! My first pics that worked were 72dpi; but then my other ones that were 400 & even 600dpi kept erroring out. So I don't know if 100dpi is the upper limit, or if 200dpi, etc. So its not just the image size but also the images resolution. I'm a Photoshop weekend-warrior - so I have all sorts of tools and controls at my fingertips. I believe irfanview will allow you to down sample the dpi - and thats a pretty slick free download program I got my siblings hooked onto for this dig picture cropping, etc.

If I'm bored one afternoon - I'll try and experiment to determine the max value before it fails; but I know under 100dpi works great.....and looks awesome too! Obviously these aren't HD displays!

This is my first post to the forum - so I hope I'm doing it right!

I've have some pictures take and some be rejected. Then I was playing around with other settings - and I got it!!! I don't know what the magic number is - but all of pictures were cropped to be 800x378 pixels as the screen recommends.......but they all worked when they were LESS THAN 100dpi! My first pics that worked were 72dpi; but then my other ones that were 400 & even 600dpi kept erroring out. So I don't know if 100dpi is the upper limit, or if 200dpi, etc. So its not just the image size but also the images resolution. I'm a Photoshop weekend-warrior - so I have all sorts of tools and controls at my fingertips. I believe irfanview will allow you to down sample the dpi - and thats a pretty slick free download program I got my siblings hooked onto for this dig picture cropping, etc.

If I'm bored one afternoon - I'll try and experiment to determine the max value before it fails; but I know under 100dpi works great.....and looks awesome too! Obviously these aren't HD displays!

Ok - a little curiosity got the best of me.......150dpi works too.

This feature worked fine for me when I was running MFT version 2.4, but since the update to 2.8 back in May it's been broken (near as I can tell).

I've tired BMP, GIF, JPG, and PNG files. All of them are smaller than 1.5 MB, sized to 800 x 378, and are at 72 dpi. Also, the JPGs are files that worked fine w/ MFT version 2.4. I suspect that while trying to fix other things for version 2.8 this is a feature that was broken.

Edge_guy, what version of MFT are you currently running?

This feature worked fine for me when I was running MFT version 2.4, but since the update to 2.8 back in May it's been broken (near as I can tell).

I've tired BMP, GIF, JPG, and PNG files. All of them are smaller than 1.5 MB, sized to 800 x 378, and are at 72 dpi. Also, the JPGs are files that worked fine w/ MFT version 2.4. I suspect that while trying to fix other things for version 2.8 this is a feature that was broken.

Edge_guy, what version of MFT are you currently running?

This was an issue that I saw with v2.8 but seemed to work if you made the resolution a bit smaller - like 800 x 376.

It seems to be fixed with the upgrade to v2.11 as I had to reload all my wallpapers again and since I couldn't find the ones I used before, I had to recreate them all. I scaled them all down to 800 x 378 and they all loaded without issues.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay - am new to the forum thing and wasn't sure if I'd get an email that there was a post reply or not!

Am running v2.11. Had the update done at the dealer when I was having my Environ Prot package applied - and they updated the install log on my web account. It looks like they installed v2.8 twice, then went to v2.11, then back to v2.8, and then back to v2.11. One can only wonder why!?! :-)