2010 compared to 2011 (Observations)

fishx65

I've been driving a 2010 SEL and just switched to a 2011 SEL. Here's a few of my observations for those looking to purchase a used Edge. The 2010 rides a lot smoother then the 2011 by a good margin. Yes, they both have 18" rims with the same tires and air pressure. The 2010 feels like it has more room inside because of the design of the center console. I miss the 2010's console and dash storage trays. Maybe I'm getting old but I felt like the 2010's controls were much easier to operate. I do like the 2011's exterior looks more then the 10's but wish they would have kept the foglights instead of going with silly LED lightbars. The 2011 definitely has less road noise then the 2010 but the difference is minimal. As you can tell, I think the 2010 is the better of the two years.

I test drove the 2011 and LOVED it. The price tag didn't suit and although the technology features of the 2011 was not only eye catching and impressive, I found it to be a little cumbersome in parts. Why I needed three possible areas to do the same control features, didn't make much sense to me. I really liked the steering wheel design on the 2011 too. The 2011 test drive sold me on this vehicle. I had never looked at an Edge before. the ride was smooth and quiet and it handled great. Plenty of power. But like I said, the price tag didn't suit me personally. Later on I got some communication to checkout a 2010 model. Test drove it, brought it back and said sign me up. Saved more than 10K on the deal, still got warranty and I am a satified customer. Really like this product, I like the storage in the console area like you mention. It is handy. I don't have the navigation screen and MFT but I didn't need all that. The only features or options on the 2011 model that I wish I had on my 2010 is the adaptive cruise control and the hotspot capability. I just think that is so awesome. I do like my fog light design better but have to say the new style looks real sharp. The interior space between the two year models didn't change but I will say I do prefer the interior dash and door panels of my 2010 better. I like the grill on the 2011 better as well. The changes will grow on you I bet. Still just an awesome ride.

After a full week in the 2011 I can add a few more observations. The 11's steering wheel controls for the radio and cruise control are much easier to operate without looking. The 2011's basic single disc stereo sounds horrible!!!! So far, I seem to be getting about 2 MPG better then the 2010 did. Just drove 230 miles to my Northern Michigan cabin and got 27 MPG according to the idiot gauge. Kept her at 76 MPH on the highway. The 2010 has much brighter headlights. I'm working on trying some higher wattage bulbs for the 2011's projectors. The 2011 is slowly growing on me but I still miss the smoother ride of the 10.

Edited by fishx65