2011 Edge Sport ISOFIX?

EdgeGermany

• 3 weeks later...

We have a 2011 SEL and it's fitted with ISOFIX anchor points to both the rear window seats. I presume the Sport will be the same.

Ford refers to the ISOFIX anchor points as latch anchors just to confuse us. (see page 194 of the 2011 Ford Edge User Manual).

Cheers.

Thx for the hint. I found a good explanation here: http://www.thecarseatlady.com/vehicles/the_latch_system.html

Best regards from Munich, Germany

(still waiting for the Edge)

No problem EdgeGermany. Thanks for the link. München rocks!

cal3thousand: Thanks for the clarification.

ISOFIX or ISO 13216 is an international standard so it would be nice to see the manuals include this terminology for international buyers.

Interestingly enough according to wikipedia (which is as reliable as talking to a drunk guy at the end of the bar) some carseat manufactures are beginning to offer true ISOFIX type attachments in the U.S. so perhaps we'll see some changes to manuals in the future?

• 3 months later...

we just ordered today the SEL 2013 (actually i wanted the 2011 Limited, but you cannot get this without leather seats... and we dont like leather... ) so we got the SEL... i was just checking about the Isofix and found this forum... great!!!

how long did it take til you got the car (in germany)? they said it will be may- if we pick it up in bremerhaven, if not we should add another 4 weeks. (we're thinking bout getting it there- roadtrip!!! LOL)

:-)

cannot wait to get my car!!! :-)