2011 SEL Cargo Area Wire Harness Passenger Side

Hello, I have a 2011 Edge SEL with the standard sound system and I purchased an OEM subwoofer on ebay to improve the sound. There is an 8 pin connector (with 6 wires running to it) behind the wall of the cargo area (passenger side) but it doesn't fit the amp that came with the subwoofer (it is probably from an earlier model year). Before I start cutting wires and attempting to add the proper connector, can anyone tell me what this connector/harness is for? It's not currently connected to anything but a plastic holder to keep it from dangling around.

Any help is appreciated.

post-17715-0-06789600-1313606066_thumb.jpg

post-17715-0-57657300-1313606103_thumb.jpg

post-17715-0-75397700-1313606140_thumb.jpg

Hello, I have a 2011 Edge SEL with the standard sound system and I purchased an OEM subwoofer on ebay to improve the sound. There is an 8 pin connector (with 6 wires running to it) behind the wall of the cargo area (passenger side) but it doesn't fit the amp that came with the subwoofer (it is probably from an earlier model year). Before I start cutting wires and attempting to add the proper connector, can anyone tell me what this connector/harness is for? It's not currently connected to anything but a plastic holder to keep it from dangling around.

Any help is appreciated.

It might be for the power trunk open & close on the limited edition, which is just 1 model up from yours or it could be for a rear view camera? I'll read this thread in a few days from now & see what other people come up with :)

It might be for the power trunk open & close on the limited edition, which is just 1 model up from yours or it could be for a rear view camera? I'll read this thread in a few days from now & see what other people come up with :)

A friend has a 2011 Limited and his power open/close mechanism is on the driver's side, so it counts that out. I have the rear view camera on my SEL, so it counts that out too. I'm really stumped!

@wilsons66604 - all the outlets are working and so are the reading lamps.

@welpse - I have the tow package option and the 4 pin harness is already installed down near the receiver. I thought it might be for an electric brake accessory, but I haven't read any documentation from Ford that shows that.

Maybe I should spring for the Wiring diagram book.

Wow...surprised to hear that. I thought I read a posting by Akirby that said Ford stopped using one size fits all wiring harnesses. This gives me hope that a power liftgate might be prewired and all I need to do is get a few parts and have teh body module reprogrammed.

They don't do it as a rule but I'm sure there are exceptions for specific applications in specific vehicles. I thought someone had already checked on the power liftgate wiring and said it wasn't there.

• 3 years later...

If it is, here's where. Anyone want to go outside and look?

liftgatemotorwiring.jpg

@Dingo - I am in the process of adding a sub woofer to my 2013 Edge SEL which has the MyTouch "6" speaker standard audio system.

I am looking for a diagram similar to what you have displayed here that shows the placement and routing of the audio wire harness and connectors.

I'm trying to determine what "standard harness wiring" for building the Limited model with the Sony or THX audio is available to use to connect everything...

Can you help point me in a direction to find that ?