Possible class action lawsuit on PTU

wlepse

Man...I was all set to pull the trigger on a new Edge but now this leaves me wondering. http://www.seegerweiss.com/product-liability-actions/ford-edge-ptu-failures/

I may still roll the dice since otherwise the car seems fairly reliable but damn it does take away some of the enjoyment.

Nothing more than an ambulance chaser trying to drum up business.

Reports of failures on new vehicles the last 2 years have been few and far between. And most repaired vehicles seem to be fine once they are repaired with the latest kit. It would not stop me from buying one if I needed AWD.

Nothing more than an ambulance chaser trying to drum up business.

Reports of failures on new vehicles the last 2 years have been few and far between. And most repaired vehicles seem to be fine once they are repaired with the latest kit. It would not stop me from buying one if I needed AWD.

Mine is in the shop today having repairs done to the "banging" issue with the AWD.

In fairness to the Ford dealer they were very helpful, obviously wishing to correct any problems.

They're slowly getting to all my complaints and I'm slowly getting a little less irritated with my vehicle

:happy feet:

Mine is in the shop today having repairs done to the "banging" issue with the AWD.

In fairness to the Ford dealer they were very helpful, obviously wishing to correct any problems.

They're slowly getting to all my complaints and I'm slowly getting a little less irritated with my vehicle

:happy feet:

I didn't think the clunk was related to the ptu leaks.

• 3 years later...

Bought a 2008 Limited AWD with 51000 kilometres in 2011. (2) weeks later PTU seal leaking, replaced under warranty with the latest Kit.

November 2014 went for an oil change, the technician mentioned the PTU seal had a small leak. Told them let's do preventive maintenance and change the Seal at a cost of $336.00 (100,000 klm) Oil change March 10th 2015 an oil change. Again, found the PTU seal leaking, March 24th 2015 in the garage today to be replaced. Got a loaner for the day will find out how much $$$$$ it's going to cost this time but I related to the shop foreman that seal was changed (6mths ago) I'll see what happens.