2010 Edge accellerator problem

janesprando@comcast.net

I reported the Unintentional Acceleration (UA) problem to the NHTSA. There is a complaint about another 2010 Ford Edge with the same problem. I have been reading about Unintentional Acceleration and car makers. We all know about Toyota. But did you know that Ford vehicles have also had problems?

Ford has not accepted responsibility for UA, declaring it could floor mats or elserly people stepping on the wrong pedal causing the acceleration.

If you or someone you know has a problem with Unintentiional Acceleration, PLEASE post it here!

I reported the Unintentional Acceleration (UA) problem to the NHTSA. There is a complaint about another 2010 Ford Edge with the same problem. I have been reading about Unintentional Acceleration and car makers. We all know about Toyota. But did you know that Ford vehicles have also had problems?

Ford has not accepted responsibility for UA, declaring it could floor mats or elserly people stepping on the wrong pedal causing the acceleration.

If you or someone you know has a problem with Unintentiional Acceleration, PLEASE post it here!

Every mfr has reports of unintended acceleration and 99.99% of the time it's simply pedal misapplication by the driver. Modern vehicles have brake systems that cannot be overpowered by the engine even at full throttle. Just hold the brake and nail the throttle - it won't move. And the brakes are always proven to be working after the accident, so the only way that it could be caused by the vehicle is if the accelerator surged and the brakes experienced a temporary failure at the exact same time.

• 1 month later...

Yes Yes Yes..... I have had the same issues for months.

2011 Ford Edge Limited... It has happened to my Husband, my Daughter, my Son and Myself..

Ford Dealership has been wonderful but Ford Has Been TERRIBLE>>>>>>

AND don't tell me that it can't happen. Mine also puts on the brakes when it wants to....

Have witness's in the car when all these things have happened and FORD STILL WON"T ADMIT IT

Almost had an accident a few weeks back when neither of my feet were on either the brake or the gas

It took off in slow traffice.... Just took OFF and Ford still says it can't happen........

Even when the computer they had in my car said it did it...

They have an excuse for everything.

The My Touch System has had major issues also.

Right now it's at the dealership and we are trying to figure out what to do with it...............

Yes Yes Yes..... I have had the same issues for months.

2011 Ford Edge Limited... It has happened to my Husband, my Daughter, my Son and Myself..

Ford Dealership has been wonderful but Ford Has Been TERRIBLE>>>>>>

AND don't tell me that it can't happen. Mine also puts on the brakes when it wants to....

Have witness's in the car when all these things have happened and FORD STILL WON"T ADMIT IT

Almost had an accident a few weeks back when neither of my feet were on either the brake or the gas

It took off in slow traffice.... Just took OFF and Ford still says it can't happen........

Even when the computer they had in my car said it did it...

They have an excuse for everything.

The My Touch System has had major issues also.

Right now it's at the dealership and we are trying to figure out what to do with it...............

Kris, have you reported your problems to the NHTSA (1-800-327-4236)? If more people report the problems, Ford will be forced to respond.

My car sat at a Ford dealership for a week, waiting for a response from Ford. The company was contacted by phone, FAX and email ---- no response.

We were told that if I took my car, then I would be liable. Not true, our lawyer says. So I am now reluctantly driving this car.

A Ford engineer was supposed to look at my car Wednesday or Thursday ---- no show! If Ford is so concerned about liability, they have a sad way of showing it!

Did you contact Ford yourself or did the dealer do it? My hope is that Ford will buy my Edge back. It only has a little over 7,000 miles on it.

The Ford Tech has looked at my car 3 times and keeps saying there is nothing wrong with the car. Even when they captured a code on the computer. I will call that number Monday first thing.

Personal opinion Ford does not want to deal with this issue and will make any excuse not to acknowledge it.

The Ford Tech has looked at my car 3 times and keeps saying there is nothing wrong with the car. Even when they captured a code on the computer. I will call that number Monday first thing.

Personal opinion Ford does not want to deal with this issue and will make any excuse not to acknowledge it.

Where is the computer in the Edge and what code did they capture?

Here is an article about the Event Data Recorder in cars. The link is below. 2007-11 Ford Edge cars are supposed to have these Recorders.

<http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/11/8743687-digital-evidence-becoming-central-in-criminal-cases>

List of vehicles with Event Data Recorder:

<http://www.rimkus.com/uploads/pdfs/Event_Data_Recorder.pdf>

I also found out today that there is a port somewhere near the steering wheel that has data that can be downloaded. I don't know if any of this was done with my car.

• Like 1