Hard wire radar detector and gps

Category 5

An expert would run it to the ignition harness and put a 10-15 amp fuse on it. a hack will tell you to use a fuse tap and run it to an accessory fuse in the fuse box. and with the way new cars are computer controlled putting the extra load on some circuits have been known to cause problems.

An expert would run it to the ignition harness and put a 10-15 amp fuse on it. a hack will tell you to use a fuse tap and run it to an accessory fuse in the fuse box. and with the way new cars are computer controlled putting the extra load on some circuits have been known to cause problems.

I agree but have been a Hack for the last 30 years!

Guess I've been a Hack all my life...and Proud of it!

Wouldn't "Hacking" into an "Ignition Harness" cause the same computer controlled issues, that you mentioned?

I thought that the spare fuses in the fuse panel were for accessories.