Version Codes- Have you been asked to pay to get the answer?

I have just been told by my dealer that I'd have to "pay" a fee to be given the version code of the current MFT on my Edge. They failed to tell me the version number the last time it was serviced also. I then asked if it was not in their computer system under my car's file and the service person said said no, they'd have to run a check on it with a special program. I don't believe this and wonder if there's any way to tell on my own what version update I have. Any ideas?

I have just been told by my dealer that I'd have to "pay" a fee to be given the version code of the current MFT on my Edge. They failed to tell me the version number the last time it was serviced also. I then asked if it was not in their computer system under my car's file and the service person said said no, they'd have to run a check on it with a special program. I don't believe this and wonder if there's any way to tell on my own what version update I have. Any ideas?

You should be able to to find that information if you log into SyncMyRide.com and get it linked to your VIN.

Btw, you don't need 2 threads for the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...

cal3thousand told you, and any future readers, that this information is free to you as an owner on the Ford syncmyride website. That said, the dealer that you visited could have shared this information with you in less than 10 seconds, but then they would lose a quick-buck opportunity. And for them not to have a record of your vehicles service history is suspicious at the least and incompetent if they really didn't maintain a record. Either way, I would find another dealer if this happened to me and I discovered this information after that fact.

How to find your SYNC version information (please note that the website could change at any time):

1. go to http://www.syncmyride.com and login or register, then login

2. click on Update & Customize

3. Look in the right-hand column for your vehicles SYNC version information

Edited by netizenX