New 'Non-Keyhead Integrated' Key Fob for Doors?

It's very much possible. You'll have to get a PATS transponder key, have it cut, and program it and the new remote to the vehicle. It'll be $150ish at least.

Thanks dingo, I'm not so much concerned about the key side -- I'm fine there, just want to know if I can reprogram a standard ford keyless entry those 3 button square ones that are quite small to do the keyless doors.

I know that will disable one of my Keyhead based fobs, that's not a big concern.

I don't know for sure but don't see why it would be a problem. One of the remote start kits comes with separate keyfob, so I would think it is just a matter of getting it programmed at the dealer. Also I don't think you'll lose access to one of your keys...I believe I read somewhere you can have up to 4 keys.

Thanks everyone, it looks like it's not hard to do at all. AND-- I won't loose the functionality of the existing 2 keys... =)

Amazon sells the 3-button boxes for 12 dollars. Includes steps to program: http://www.amazon.com/2008-2010-Universal--Yourself-Programming-eKeylessRemotes/dp/B005I0LLS2/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1317931143&sr=1-2

Looks like you can also read the instructions here:

http://www.ekeylessremotes.com/ford-remotes/2011/e-series-econoline-club-wagon-van/click-here-for-free-remote-head-key-and-remote-programming-instructions-ford-1/

This looks like an easy, cheap way to get my third keyless fob without having the key attached =) Good for getting things out of the car, without giving access to the ignition.

For that why don't you just use the keypad on teh door. You can make one access number something you only give out to certain people so they can get in but that is it. You can always change it later if you decide you don't want them to have access.

Exactly. The car already has a keyless fob that doesn't operate the ignition - built into the door!

Exactly. The car already has a keyless fob that doesn't operate the ignition - built into the door!

Good points, I got one of these 'keyport' gadgets as a gift.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have a spot for the integrated buttons-- so my reasoning behind breaking it out was so that I could still have my keyless remote, attached to the keyport.

Good points, I got one of these 'keyport' gadgets as a gift.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have a spot for the integrated buttons-- so my reasoning behind breaking it out was so that I could still have my keyless remote, attached to the keyport.

That's a neat gadget but if it was me I'd use keyport for non-automotive keys and maybe for the key to a secondary vehicle but keep the OEM key for the Edge.