HIDs Installed in 2011 Limited

Bought retrosolutions 8000k HID with the harness. Let me just say that i had HIDs in my fusion 2010 and these are wayyyy brighter than them. Installation was a pain but managed it after an hour. The resistor wires were not tightened properly so had to make that change. Everything else fit in well. Made a 1" hole in the dust cover and the HID bulbs have some rubbery thing that fills up the gap pretty well. Overall its one of the best changes ever. Im going to upload pics soon since im using my iPhone. Cutoff is good as well better than the fusion i had.

]I didn't want to take out a bunch of stuff in the engine compartment to conceal my ballasts so I just mounted them in an easy location. All wires are out of the way of moving parts, nothing bounces, everything works perfect. Installed a retrosolutions kit, took about 40 min b/c the stock light broke off in the housing!! PITA!!

Ā 

IMG_2045.jpgIMG_2044.jpgIMG_2050.jpg

Bought retrosolutions 8000k HID with the harness. Let me just say that i had HIDs in my fusion 2010 and these are wayyyy brighter than them. Installation was a pain but managed it after an hour. The resistor wires were not tightened properly so had to make that change. Everything else fit in well. Made a 1" hole in the dust cover and the HID bulbs have some rubbery thing that fills up the gap pretty well. Overall its one of the best changes ever. Im going to upload pics soon since im using my iPhone. Cutoff is good as well better than the fusion i had.

Hey Fusionking I just ordered a set from them as well & I was wondering if your day time lights worked as well, seeing as it is the law over here lol. I wish my dealership ( younge & steels) had your color car, I love that color, they told me it's only available in the us lol

Hey Fusionking I just ordered a set from them as well & I was wondering if your day time lights worked as well, seeing as it is the law over here lol. I wish my dealership ( younge & steels) had your color car, I love that color, they told me it's only available in the us lol

Hey man, yup daytime work perfectly with the harness. Its a PITA to install but its worth it. I bought the car from yonge and steeles wat are they talking about.. We test drove it and bought it.. All though they were running out of stock pretty fast. They had mostly silver colored edges. I guess i got lucky.. Which one you get?

IMHO I would mount the ballasts in a different spot that is covered from the top. These ballasts are not potted so they will be damaged when water gets to them. Not sure how the ford is at keeping water out but that area in most cars can get some water in heavy rains. A lot of OEM ballasts aren't fully potted. The oem matsushita ballasts are great and fully potted.

Hey man, yup daytime work perfectly with the harness. Its a PITA to install but its worth it. I bought the car from yonge and steeles wat are they talking about.. We test drove it and bought it.. All though they were running out of stock pretty fast. They had mostly silver colored edges. I guess i got lucky.. Which one you get?

I bought the Earth Tone color, I was sketchy at first but now I'm lovin' it :)

• 2 weeks later...

i have 6000k 55 watt ballasts in mine. had them in there since feb when i bought the truck. i also have all led lights in it. even the puddle lights. i am a xentec dealer and my buddy owns diamondshineauto.com. hids in the projectors are the brightest and most focused light you can have. however the 55 watt ballasts is a noticeable difference over the 35 watt ones. but you deff need a wire harness since we have auto on headlights and it is recommended!