Question Regarding TSB AS-21769 or TSB-11-5-6 Ford Engineers?

blankster

I've taken several trips now in my 2011 LTD AWD and noticed that sometimes when I let-off the throttle around the 50-60 mph range the vehicle feels like the brakes are being partially applied or the transmission is causing exceptional drag. The vehicle seems to s;ow down too quickly. I thought this was some sort of hill-decent but I don't think the edge has that feature. Could one of these TSBs cause this problem?

Date Reported: MAY 10 2011

NHTSA Reference: #10039121

TSB Reference: #TSB-11-5-6

Description: FORD: THERE MAY BE A SLUGGISH ACCELERATION OR HESITATION FEELING WHEN ROLLING TO A STOP. THIS WILL BE FOLLOWED BY A HARSH BUMP. *RM

Date Reported: MARCH 01 2011

NHTSA Reference: #10039053

TSB Reference: #AS-21769

Description: FORD: IF THERE IS AN INTERMITTENT LACK OF POWER, SURGE, OR HESITATION WHILE DRIVING THE BRAKES WILL OVERRIDE ACCELERATION. *RM

I've taken several trips now in my 2011 LTD AWD and noticed that sometimes when I let-off the throttle around the 50-60 mph range the vehicle feels like the brakes are being partially applied or the transmission is causing exceptional drag. The vehicle seems to s;ow down too quickly. I thought this was some sort of hill-decent but I don't think the edge has that feature. Could one of these TSBs cause this problem?

Date Reported: MAY 10 2011

NHTSA Reference: #10039121

TSB Reference: #TSB-11-5-6

Description: FORD: THERE MAY BE A SLUGGISH ACCELERATION OR HESITATION FEELING WHEN ROLLING TO A STOP. THIS WILL BE FOLLOWED BY A HARSH BUMP. *RM

Date Reported: MARCH 01 2011

NHTSA Reference: #10039053

TSB Reference: #AS-21769

Description: FORD: IF THERE IS AN INTERMITTENT LACK OF POWER, SURGE, OR HESITATION WHILE DRIVING THE BRAKES WILL OVERRIDE ACCELERATION. *RM

Edge has this feature (fuel cut on hill descent) and also Smart charging which allows the Alternator to put an increased load on the drivetrain during deceleration to maximize efficiency.

Edge has this feature (fuel cut on hill descent) and also Smart charging which allows the Alternator to put an increased load on the drivetrain during deceleration to maximize efficiency.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought there was something wrong. There should be an explanation in the owners manual. I almost brought it in thinking there was a problem.