MKX Has Arrived

I picked it up last night. Its black with charcoal interior,BAMR,THX, DVD headrests, H & R lowering springs rear bumper strip & heated & cooled seats.

I forgot to ask for Sirius, so the dealer added a tuner @ $495. :censored: They placed the antenna up front & ran the cable down the edge of the winshield & used black silicone to hold it there. There is also a piece of duct tape in the door jamb holding the wire down. :banghead::censored:

Other then the Sirius thing, I'm very happy with it. :hyper:

• 2 weeks later...
Would love to see a picture of how it looks with the H & R's.

Also....um....are you accepting how they installed your Sirius?

Actually, the H & R' s just came in & will be getting them installed on Monday.

They will also be fixing the antenna cable. My salesman claims they can't put it on the wing where it belongs. I'm not sure what the big deal is there, but if I were doing it myself, I'd remove the wing & figure out how to attach it there.

My salesman couldn't give me a real good answer why he coudn't get the correct factory tuner & antenna. I asked what they would do if it was a factory system & there was a defect, how would you handle that? Still waiting for an answer.

Actually, the H & R' s just came in & will be getting them installed on Monday.

They will also be fixing the antenna cable. My salesman claims they can't put it on the wing where it belongs. I'm not sure what the big deal is there, but if I were doing it myself, I'd remove the wing & figure out how to attach it there.

My salesman couldn't give me a real good answer why he coudn't get the correct factory tuner & antenna. I asked what they would do if it was a factory system & there was a defect, how would you handle that? Still waiting for an answer.

Just my .02 worth bu I would have told them to forget it; or get me a new MKX with it installed like I ordered/wanted. I had an aftermarket Sirius installed in my old car and the place did a great job. But what you described is insane.

If they can't do it like it is factory, then they don't need to do it period.

• 4 months later...