Went from looking for a used '11 to ordering a new '12, price check?

BIGGY

There are a lot of used black Sport Edge out there with the configuration I like however I didn't want black. I've owned black and I'm done with that color until I get my own personal in-home car wash :)

So in looking at ordering the Candy Red, I briefly sat down with the dealer just to get an estimate of what their initial offer would be. I said nothing of the price, nor did I check it before looking at new because I walked in to see one of the used models. So the offer I got goes as follows...

2012 Ford Edge Sport FWD

Red Candy

Driver Entry Package

Vista Rood

MSRP: $40,800

Dealer Offer: $38,000

If my calculations are correct, the invoice is $38,404?

This also does not include the $1000 cash and $1500 financing cash I would get. How does the deal sound and any suggestions on counter offers?

Thanks!

Sounds pretty decent to me, This will get you down to $35,500 if my calculations are correct.

Called them back and asked for another $500 off. They offered an additional $400, but I held firm and ended up at $37,500 and $900 under invoice plus $2500 in incentives. Figure that extra hundred or two would make up for the doc or whatever fees they would have on there. Seems like an ok deal.

Called them back and asked for another $500 off. They offered an additional $400, but I held firm and ended up at $37,500 and $900 under invoice plus $2500 in incentives. Figure that extra hundred or two would make up for the doc or whatever fees they would have on there. Seems like an ok deal.

Good for you. You will love it.