Does the dealer have an update beyond 2.11?

Dropped my Edge off this morning giving them a long list of MFT issues as well as a few other concerns. Well I got a call saying they did an update to the MFT that addressed the issues I had. Problem is I was already at 2.11 and I thought this was the last update and from the looks of things will be the last before the new software is released. So is this dealer just blowing me off telling me they did something they didn't hoping I won't come back for a while or is there something else they have available?

I just got an e-mail from Ford that says I should update my Sync software to the latest available. The link they gave took me to Sync my Ride, which shows that I have 2.11 (had the dealer do it awhile back).... and the only thing I can download is the status checker. So I would conclude that it is still 2.11.

The exciting thing about the e-mail is that it confirms the rumors about the re-write! Pasted below....

Simpler. Faster. Better.

We're continually exploring ways to make your driving experience more rewarding. To that end, a new MyFord Touch performance upgrade will include improvements integrated into upcoming 2013 model-year vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch. This upgrade, which enhances the system and adds features, will also be provided to all existing MyFord Touch owners at no charge. You can look forward to redesigned screens, new functionality and more.

Yeah the TSB they say they performed was for the 2.11. So I have no idea what they really did if anything. They told me I would have to pair the phones again but I didn't so I am not holding out much hope there will be an improvement. Just have to hope the rewrite comes soon I guess.

Well as I suspected the "update" wasn't effective. The wife confirmed yesterday she got three consecutive "performing scheduled maintenance" screens. Not sure if it is worth bring back to the dealer since I know there is nothing they can do but part of me is concerned that I may have an APIM issue as Akirby mentioned in another thread. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Well as I suspected the "update" wasn't effective. The wife confirmed yesterday she got three consecutive "performing scheduled maintenance" screens. Not sure if it is worth bring back to the dealer since I know there is nothing they can do but part of me is concerned that I may have an APIM issue as Akirby mentioned in another thread. Any thoughts or suggestions?

The 2.11 update really doesn't fix anything. I've had it installed for a few months and the system is just as buggy as previous versions.

Some people have reported better response time as well as other improvements after the update. I think that is just due to the fact that the system just rebooted.

Did your system stop the "performing maintenance" after the 3 times? If so, I would wait until the major upgrade next year.

The 2.11 update really doesn't fix anything. I've had it installed for a few months and the system is just as buggy as previous versions.

Some people have reported better response time as well as other improvements after the update. I think that is just due to the fact that the system just rebooted.

Did your system stop the "performing maintenance" after the 3 times? If so, I would wait until the major upgrade next year.

A lot of people have reported significant improvements with 2.11 so I don't think it's fair to say it doesn't fix anything - although it may not have fixed your specific issues.

A lot of people have reported significant improvements with 2.11 so I don't think it's fair to say it doesn't fix anything - although it may not have fixed your specific issues.

Most (if not all) of those reports were made right after the update. Yes. Things are fixed for a few days but the system still has the underlying issue of going "stupid" and falling back to it's old ways. It does reboot on it's own but only after I endure a few days of random issues. (That's where the reboot on a stick helps)

2.11 is just lipstick on a pig

I am just confused as to why ours went from slightly annoying on 2.8 to just terrible after the self installed 2.11. I was somewhat hopefully that is they did a clean install of 2.11 that it would help but since it didn't clear out the phones or other settings I don't think it was a clean install either. At this point I think I may keep pushing the issue with the dealer because I really think something else is happening. My self install took over an hour when most reported 40 minutes or less, so I have to wonder if there is a hardware issue whether it be something crapping out or a conflict. I would just rather have it resolved before the new release than have the new release get corrupted because something is messed up.

• 1 month later...

Really? Can you post some links to those posts? I've been trolling around here reading for over an hour and I haven't found a single one.

I'm not going to look for them but I've read a few here and some on other forums. Most reported a slight improvement in response time. Others have reported worse problems with 2.11 so maybe those with early success had problems later.

Really? Can you post some links to those posts? I've been trolling around here reading for over an hour and I haven't found a single one.

I've always said that many owners report improvements but those improvements are a result their MFT system rebooting in the process of updating it.

That's why I reboot my system at least once a week.

Well I finally got someone from Ford to call me back regarding all the issues we are having with this "upgrade." Just not sure what to think about what they are telling me now. I had originally done the upgrade to 2.11 myself with the upgrade being confirmed on SMR. Since then I have been in touch with SMR support and tried everything they suggested and then some to no avail. Finally they suggested that I bring it to the dealer. As mentioned previously they claim to have reinstalled 2.11. But now talking to this guy he confirmed with his SME that I am missing (4) files. He set up an appointment for me to have it addressed Thursday, which is great since last time I asked the dealer to come in for MFT they were busy for a few weeks. :rolleyes: Anyway, while I really hope this fixes the issues we are seeing or at least most of them I am just dumbfounded how SMR site can confirm the update, dealer can claim to do it, I can contact SMR support and no one notices this till now??? The only thing I can imagine is that as the CS agent explained to me not all the groups have access to the same info. He was saying that SMR tech support is different than IVT support etc etc. What I don't understand is I have worked for several large and small companies with different divisions in different countries and we all had access to the same servers. Why couldn't Ford do this? I'll keep you all updated on what happens but I guess I won't really know if this is successful for a few weeks. Seems like it really craps out once a week, yesterday it rebooted for 15 minutes straight.

Well dealer called earlier and said the Ford techs recommended changing the APIM to see if that helps some of the problems. Not sure what that means really. Don't know if they ran a diagnostic on the APIM and found something wasn't working right, if they couldn't get the missing files installed correctly or if the files were present but it still didn't work right so they are going to try a new APIM??? So I have a boat of a loaner (Grand Marques) for the evening and they expect it to be done tomorrow. I'll keep people posted on the progress and if it helps any of the issues.

Well dealer called earlier and said the Ford techs recommended changing the APIM to see if that helps some of the problems. Not sure what that means really. Don't know if they ran a diagnostic on the APIM and found something wasn't working right, if they couldn't get the missing files installed correctly or if the files were present but it still didn't work right so they are going to try a new APIM??? So I have a boat of a loaner (Grand Marques) for the evening and they expect it to be done tomorrow. I'll keep people posted on the progress and if it helps any of the issues.

APIM is the control module that actually runs the MFT software. There were numerous problems with them initially.

Yeah I knew what it was, just not sure that is the issue since the system was much better on 2.8. Seems like too much of a coincidence that the day after 2.11 was installed the APIM crapped out. But with that said my unit did take at least an hour to upgrade vs the 40 minutes Ford said, so maybe it was marginal to begin with??

Yeah I knew what it was, just not sure that is the issue since the system was much better on 2.8. Seems like too much of a coincidence that the day after 2.11 was installed the APIM crapped out. But with that said my unit did take at least an hour to upgrade vs the 40 minutes Ford said, so maybe it was marginal to begin with??

It's probably flaky and 2.8 was better at hiding the flakiness. Or they're just trying to rule out hardware.