2011 ford edge fog lights

p2edge

Hi, I have a 2012 Edge SE with plastic inserts where the vertical lights go. Is the SE wired for those lights? I think they look really cool. Any way I can install some.

Cajun,

Because my Edge came with the vertical light, I was able to order the DRLs with the light bar. Like KC said, you will need to get intimate with your Edge's front end and look to see if there is wiring ran for the vertical lights. It should be a small bundle of wires with a connector looking like this: (imagine that you are looking at the connector straight on when seeing KC's pic below.)

VertOEMLightConnector.jpg

Now here is the good news. If you don't have the wiring ran, the DRL installs only needing a wire from one of your turn signals. If you have turn signals, you can still get the really bright DRL lights. Only the light bar in the DRLs that comes OEM on certain models of the Edge needs the wiring that you may be missing. Hope this helps.

Well I watched the video about the wheel wells and checked things out, and can lay to rest the wondering. I am an electronics tech so I know what to look for. On a 2012 Edge SE, there is NO wiring & connectors for the vertical lights. I also looked at the harnesses in the local areas and could not find the connectors taped out of the way or hidden. Bummer!!! Ok time to look at Cellbiries post. Thanks!!!

Well I went to the daytimebrightlites.com site and left an email stating what I had and wanted, they haven't answered me back yet. Like you said, all I want is the DRLs and thats cool they will dim at night. Not much of a site at daytimebrightlites.com. Wonder how much the DRLs cost?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI all,

I am new to this so i apologize in advance if this is a newbee question. I really like what you guys have done with the fog lights. Some day i will love to modify the fog leds that way. Anyway I just bought a 2011 edge and wanted to know if there is a way to turn the OEM bumper LEDs on/off on demand like with a switch? or if we can keep them on all the time?. cuz they go off after a few minutes :(.

thank you all,

Usman.

• 3 months later...

Thought I would bump this stalled thread. I had posted several replies here, but they were inadvertently deleted (It's a long story, so don't ask). Several of the posters mentioned that they would like to have them on their car but didn't want to make the lights themselves. Take a look at the Vertical LED Running Lights I make by clicking on the banner ad in my signature below.

Edited by kc300c