Is anyone satisfied with their Gen2 MFT?

With the MFT re-write hopefully coming out in a couple of months, there seems to be a fair bit of discussion about whether or not people are actually satisfied with any of the Gen2 versions of MFT (v2.4 - v2.11).

While I think the rest of the car is great, and even though I haven't had any major MFT issues, I still have to deal with the laggy response, spotty blue-tooth operation and rudimentary navigation system on a regular basis.

Anyone care to step forward and say that they're completely (or even mostly) satisfied with how MFT is working for them?

No Poll? I would say we are dissapointed with the MFT but we have only been dealing with issues for a few months, can't imagine the frustration of people who bought when it first came out. I am hopeful the rewrite will make it function well enough that I won't be updating a log of failures on a daily basis. But the bigger benefit is knowing the wife and kid will be safe because she won't be distracted by whatever odd thing the mft decides to do.

I've been very Satisfied with the MFT system. Purchased the Car with v2.4, upgraded to V2.11 when people were saying it was an upgrade in performance.

I will say it's less responsive than say an I-phone, but functionally speaking, it does what it's supposed to do.

I've been very Satisfied with the MFT system. Purchased the Car with v2.4, upgraded to V2.11 when people were saying it was an upgrade in performance.

I will say it's less responsive than say an I-phone, but functionally speaking, it does what it's supposed to do.

Same here, with the caveat that I'm still only into my first month's ownership (and aprx 2k km), so I hope I'm not jinxing myself LOL. I've even purposely tried "crashing" it by trying to duplicate some of the problems I've read about on here - ie making it do several things at once, and it keeps on keeping on. No lock ups, no black screens, gets songs/playlists/stations when I ask it, navi loads quickly on startup, backup camera works as adverstised. What can I say other than I like it :)

P.S. I have version 2.11 (as delivered).

Edited by Scorpio

Same here, with the caveat that I'm still only into my first month's ownership (and aprx 2k km), so I hope I'm not jinxing myself LOL. I've even purposely tried "crashing" it by trying to duplicate some of the problems I've read about on here - ie making it do several things at once, and it keeps on keeping on. No lock ups, no black screens, gets songs/playlists/stations when I ask it, navi loads quickly on startup, backup camera works as adverstised. What can I say other than I like it :)

P.S. I have version 2.11 (as delivered).

Hope it stays that way for you...but oddly enough we seem to have the most problems on start up. The majority of our reboots are when you first start up the car, sometimes it does it once other times it will be and endless loop. I too have tried to make it happen by running nav, USB music etc and it still seems to be OK most of the time. So at least for our system it seems to be something during start up that kills it.

Well most of the features work most of the time so I guess I'm satisfied. I don't bother anymore to sync my phone because I'll just have to do it again in a few days or weeks. For long trips I bring along my portable GPS so I don't have to rely on the built-in navigation. Once in a while and after several tries, I can stream audio via bluetooth from my cell phone and I think that that is rather neat so I'm happy then. The clock almost always keeps the right time, and when it doesn't I always have my watch on me. My friends think it looks pretty.

I still have v1.8 which is still Gen2 - and YES - I am still satisfied with the product. I agree it isn't an i-device, but for a computer system in a car, it works as I would hope. In more than a year of ownership, I have had to disconnect the battery once and have yet to pull the fuse.

I am hoping for better maps for the upgrade, but other than that, I am not in need of any major upgrade.