08 edge brakes +++ probs

soopercooper

Sorry to lead in like this, but its pretty dire. on an 08 edge sel thats 9 months new to us, I changed the rear brake pads. The day I did that I changed the rotted through neg ground clamp with an after market. Well let the bells and whistles begin. Whole dash lite with check brake system. skid symbols, park, ABS, you name it. That was for a few months. Now since putting the winter tires on the check tire inflation has come on which has shut the other stuff up. Basically the car is content as long as it has atleast one 8itch on the go. Where can all this garbage be disconnected??????????????????????

Sorry to lead in like this, but its pretty dire. on an 08 edge sel thats 9 months new to us, I changed the rear brake pads. The day I did that I changed the rotted through neg ground clamp with an after market. Well let the bells and whistles begin. Whole dash lite with check brake system. skid symbols, park, ABS, you name it. That was for a few months. Now since putting the winter tires on the check tire inflation has come on which has shut the other stuff up. Basically the car is content as long as it has atleast one 8itch on the go. Where can all this garbage be disconnected??????????????????????

Either your ground cable isn't properly connected to the frame or you messed up the ABS wheel speed sensor and/or TPMS receiver.

• 4 weeks later...

The ground has been cleaned,rebolted. Reads a dead short between neg battery terminal and anywhere on vehicle. still the christmas tree dash

When you put the winter tires on, were they on new rims? If they are there may not be any TPM’s in them. If you used the same rims, you could have damaged one of the tire pressure monitors.

I’m not sure, you may have to go to the dealer and have them reset if you didn’t put the wheels back in the same position they came off of.

That’s the problem I’m having with my Cadi. One is not working and the computer can’t read any of them. If you have to get a new monitor, take some heart meds. with you. They run any ware from $60 to $80 each, I was also told that the batteries in them are only good for 5 to 6 years.