problem down shifting

firefighter5

I have an 08 Edge Limited. It s a FWD with 80000 miles. It does have towing package but i don t do any towing. I changed the trans fluid at 75000. My issue is while driving I get into the pedal a little more while starting up a small incline. Then when the trans needs to downshift out of OD it has a skip in it. The skip will continue until i get in the pedal more or let out. I ve read some of the other post and people seem to be having some other problems with there trans also. just looking for any info. Thanks

Did you change the fluid yourself or did you have it done? Probably a good idea to check and see if the fluid level is perfect. Simple but ya never know. Another reason could be the wrong type of fluid. I've never trusted those quick change places but I do put the dealerships a little higher on the scale.

Did you change the fluid yourself or did you have it done? Probably a good idea to check and see if the fluid level is perfect. Simple but ya never know. Another reason could be the wrong type of fluid. I've never trusted those quick change places but I do put the dealerships a little higher on the scale.

I did it myself. I ve checked the fluid level two or three times. I had the same thoughts. It s was doing it before the fluid change though. That was one of the two reasons for changing it.

• 1 month later...

I did it myself. I ve checked the fluid level two or three times. I had the same thoughts. It s was doing it before the fluid change though. That was one of the two reasons for changing it.

it has been awhile but just wanted to follow up. i took it to the trans shop and mechanic said the trans was perfectly fine. that was a big relief. i started running non ethanol gas and it helped. had a buddy in the fire dept suggest new plugs. the plugs fixed it completly. i replaced them with the factory motorcraft plugs. there might be better ones but the ones that are in it lasted 80,000 so the can t be too bad. had to pull the intake for two of the back ones. it wasn t bad at all. took about an hour all together.

i was wondering about having the injectors serviced. does anyone have any thoughts on that?

and how about mpg s. the best i have ever gotten is 24.5. and that was going from north alabama to south. i never got over 70

• 3 weeks later...