Re-Install MFT 2.11?

Hey there Guys,

So a few months ago i performed the since install 2.11 Upgrade. Previous to this version 2.7 i had no major issues. This current version has given me no end of grief. Constant SD Nav issues, long response times and recently constant System Maintenance. To the point today when it crashed, did a reboot, then crashed as soon as i tried to change the radio channel, then another reboot.

I have tried to insert the USB stick to "Reload" the firmware, since i think there is a serious issue with the install, but nothing happened.

On my computer, I have a file called autoinstall.lst and s SyncMyRide directory with a whole bunch of BT4T plus a cleancache, installationhelper and masterresetvcaflush.

Do i need another files to force a reinstall?

Adam

Not sure if you can reinstall the same software. I believe someone posted here that when you try to reinstall the same firmware you will get a message saying that the install is bad or something. When they checked with syncmyride they were told the new rewrite would give a more descriptive error message. I too am having more problems with 2.11 than we ever had with 2.8 and when I relayed this info to syncmyride I was told I could bring it to the dealer. The dealer claims to have installed 2.11but no setting were wiped out and the system doesn't perform any better. So either they didn't do anything or a reinstall isn't likely to help. I would try to sit tight until the rewrite shows up at your door...hopefully it will be better.

Hey there Guys,

So a few months ago i performed the since install 2.11 Upgrade. Previous to this version 2.7 i had no major issues. This current version has given me no end of grief. Constant SD Nav issues, long response times and recently constant System Maintenance. To the point today when it crashed, did a reboot, then crashed as soon as i tried to change the radio channel, then another reboot.

I have tried to insert the USB stick to "Reload" the firmware, since i think there is a serious issue with the install, but nothing happened.

On my computer, I have a file called autoinstall.lst and s SyncMyRide directory with a whole bunch of BT4T plus a cleancache, installationhelper and masterresetvcaflush.

Do i need another files to force a reinstall?

Adam

Have you tried pulling fuse 29 to do a hard reset? Won't hurt.

Have you tried pulling fuse 29 to do a hard reset? Won't hurt.

I haven't tried that recently, but don't think it will make any difference.

The last time i did, the fuse came flying out and i had no nav and a HVAC on max high until i found a dealer. $10 later No Happy.

Could Ford include a fuse puller?????

I haven't tried that recently, but don't think it will make any difference.

The last time i did, the fuse came flying out and i had no nav and a HVAC on max high until i found a dealer. $10 later No Happy.

Could Ford include a fuse puller?????

There is a fuse puller.. it's the piece of gray plastic inside the inner cover which covers the fuses.. :)

M.

There is also a spare fuse in the pannel.

You should try loading the reboot app onto a USB and use it instead of messing with the fuse.

You can also pull the molex (white connector on the right side of the fuse box) connector which is connected to the whole fuse panel(still hard to get to, but easier than pulling a single fuse), there are youtube videos showing you how in case it's messed up so much it won't reboot with the USB reboot.

M.