sct xcalibrator '11 edge sport?

dhs1174

I was just wondering where you guys that have them, got them? The reason i ask is because i spoke to sct and was told my pcm was supported but then went to steeda to have installed and the car shut down! I want to know where you guys went and if it was possibly just steeda's program that didn't work? Any advice and direction would help. Thanks!

You went directly to steeda? Or you ordered your sct and tune from them, and you were going to install it yourself?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I went directly to steeda! I need someone who has written a program for it or who can write a program for it so i can order and and get it done!

Do you happen to know the strategy of your vehicle? You can use the X3 to read this under the vehicle info menu.

Ā 

Ā 

the pcm for my vehicle is zjm3

Ā 

I spoke with daniel at sct sales and he told me you have software for it on the xcalibrator is that correct or not? if correct do you know where i can get a custom program for it?

the pcm for my vehicle is zjm3

Ā 

I spoke with daniel at sct sales and he told me you have software for it on the xcalibrator is that correct or not? if correct do you know where i can get a custom program for it?

Ā 

Can you use your X3 to read the strategy of the vehicle? Sometimes what is actually programmed in the pcm does not match what is shown on the pcm sticker. This may be what happened with you and steeda. If you only gave them the 4 digit code from above that was read from the sticker they created the tune from that code. If that is not what is actually programmed in the processor then that can cause issues.

Ā 

Yes the X3 supports the edge through custom tuning only.

Can you use your X3 to read the strategy of the vehicle? Sometimes what is actually programmed in the pcm does not match what is shown on the pcm sticker. This may be what happened with you and steeda. If you only gave them the 4 digit code from above that was read from the sticker they created the tune from that code. If that is not what is actually programmed in the processor then that can cause issues.

Ā 

Yes the X3 supports the edge through custom tuning only.

Ā 

Ā 

i need an x3 shipped to me because steeda never gave me that one! Can i order one from the website?

i need an x3 shipped to me because steeda never gave me that one! Can i order one from the website?

Ā 

I am not sure how far wellington is from us in Sanford. If you are close, you can stop by here and we can read the strategy, flash the car and see if there are any issues (you would still need to go to steeda or one of our other dealers for an actual tune and device to purchase however.)

I am not sure how far wellington is from us in Sanford. If you are close, you can stop by here and we can read the strategy, flash the car and see if there are any issues (you would still need to go to steeda or one of our other dealers for an actual tune and device to purchase however.)

Ā 

Ā 

Its about a 3 hour drive but i am willing to make the drive if this can be done over a weekend or a couple of days at most! I ordered the device from a dealer and should have it within a day or so. Who can i speak to over there to see what i need to do from here for you once i receive it?

Its about a 3 hour drive but i am willing to make the drive if this can be done over a weekend or a couple of days at most! I ordered the device from a dealer and should have it within a day or so. Who can i speak to over there to see what i need to do from here for you once i receive it?

Ā 

We are only open M-F 8-5 as we are not a retail business (this is why our dealer network exists.) My intent for asking if you were close was to have you come by where we could use our in-house equipment to read strategy info as well as flash to determine if there are any issues flashing the 2011 (none that I am currently aware of.) Then if there were any issues we could then take the data and fix it. 3 hours 1 way is a bit far to drive for that.

Ā 

What dealer did you purchase from and did you purchase a tune file along with the device?

We are only open M-F 8-5 as we are not a retail business (this is why our dealer network exists.) My intent for asking if you were close was to have you come by where we could use our in-house equipment to read strategy info as well as flash to determine if there are any issues flashing the 2011 (none that I am currently aware of.) Then if there were any issues we could then take the data and fix it. 3 hours 1 way is a bit far to drive for that.

Ā 

What dealer did you purchase from and did you purchase a tune file along with the device?

Ā 

Ā 

Johnny in sales talked to me about a guy in south carolina who had a brand new model 3015 for sale that he ordered and was never picked up. No i did not purchase a tune file for the device! I am currently looking for a place to tune here in south florida, besides steeda. Do you know of any dealers that can tune either here or in orlando area?

Johnny in sales talked to me about a guy in south carolina who had a brand new model 3015 for sale that he ordered and was never picked up. No i did not purchase a tune file for the device! I am currently looking for a place to tune here in south florida, besides steeda. Do you know of any dealers that can tune either here or in orlando area?

Ā 

I should have some more info for you today. I am having one of my employees try a few things today with a local dealer. When you do receive your device, please use it to read vehicle info and let me know what your strategy code currently is.

I should have some more info for you today. I am having one of my employees try a few things today with a local dealer. When you do receive your device, please use it to read vehicle info and let me know what your strategy code currently is.

Ā 

Ā 

My strategy code is as follows:

Ā 

KNCN4AU

My strategy code is as follows:

Ā 

KNCN4AU

Ā 

I think I know now why you had issues at Steeda.

Ā 

I mentioned before that we have support for the 2011 but that there may be codes in our system that are not correct or are just not in our database yet. Your particular code currently has errors. What that means is that certain items in our database of your strategy are not mapped correctly. The mapping does appear to be correct in the strategy prior to yours. If the mapping is incorrect and a tune is made based off that, certain checksum values will be incorrect. When checksum values are incorrect, vehicles either will not start or start but will run poorly.

Ā 

There are a few options:

1. wait for us to correct your current strategy. I am not sure how long this will take but it depends on how similar your newer strategy is to the strategy that was prior to it.

2. when you have your vehicle programmed, have the program built on the older strategy. In most cases this is fine, but sometimes the newer vehicles do not like being backdated like this.

Ā 

Try calling justin at vmp tuning. He's very popular for mustangs in Florida. Not sure exactly where in Florida. But from what I'm told he's a nice guy

• 3 months later...

I went through this whole process back in December after I bought my SCT X3 from my Ford dealership. I had a custom tune done by a place down near where the SCT store is and it "burnt" out my ECU. I had to pay half the cost of the new one. I was pissed because SCT told me that it would work but it certainly didn't. It made my Edge unusable. It sucked. I'm not going with SCT until I am absolutely sure that the 2011 Edge Sport is fully supportable. You guys at SCT either need to stop telling folks with 2011 Edge Sports that your tuning device will work or get the damn strategies all programmed. People are spending lots of money and for the most part what we end up with is a very expensive OBD II code reader. Get your crap together please SCT.

Edited by Cdpratt69