Leasing now

Ive got my x plan cost(33611) and the residual (64%) and the lease rate(.5) from ford.

They are trying to stick me with 300 docs fee and a lease acquisition fee of 595.

I thought that the xplan price couldnt get docs fees over 100$

I was also wondering if the lease acquisition fee is negotiable or if they are trying to dick me over.

thanks to you all in advance

Edited by jcaulfield8

Ive got my x plan cost(33611) and the residual (64%) and the lease rate(.5) from ford.

They are trying to stick me with 300 docs fee and a lease acquisition fee of 595.

I was also wondering if the lease acquisition fee is negotiable or if they are trying to dick me over.

Not sure about the doc fee but you do have to pay the $595 acquisition fee with any lease including X plan - it's not negotiable.

Hi jcaulfield. :D The Documentation Fee on the X-Plan is limited to $100 on both Leases and sales. Unfortunately, in my experience most Dealers know this but still try to get away with overcharging. When informed/politely confronted by a customer who knows the rules, they will eventually realize their "accidental error".

Remember, automotive Dealerships are independent franchises not owned by Ford (or any other automaker), so they do what they do to try and "pad the profit". It is up to us as intelligent customers to watch out for ourselves. Don't let them overcharge you.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi jcaulfield. :D The Documentation Fee on the X-Plan is limited to $100 on both Leases and sales. Unfortunately, in my experience most Dealers know this but still try to get away with overcharging. When informed/politely confronted by a customer who knows the rules, they will eventually realize their "accidental error".

Remember, automotive Dealerships are independent franchises not owned by Ford (or any other automaker), so they do what they do to try and "pad the profit". It is up to us as intelligent customers to watch out for ourselves. Don't let them overcharge you.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I believe it's usually their higher fee until they place the order and it goes into the system as x-plan pricing. Then it will adjust and it's out of their control as it's against x-plan rules. That was the case when I ordered my car. The actual price wasn't official until it went through as x-plan. If they do actually charge you the higher fee then they didn't run it as x-plan.