2 weeks ownership report on my MKX

JOEHIO

Just thought that I would "report in", after having my '12 MKX for 2 weeks now. The vehicle exceeds all my expectations. Having come out of a '06 Explorer Limited, this feels like a sports car to me. The ride, handling, comfort, and technology are unreal. The only "glitch" is when the heat is on, all is fine, but when I switch over to defrost only, the air comes out cold. Have an appointment to

bring it in in 2 days, the service rep seems to know what the problem is. It will blow warm air, if I turn it up to 80 degrees. Even my wife thinks that this is a "fun" car to drive, but I'm not giving it up, she has her MKS, which a real nice ride. My Lincoln Touch has been pretty good, a bit on the slow side, at times, but not that bad. :happy feet:

Joe

Richy,

Next time the wife and I go out to Frankenmuth, Mi for another Polka Fest, we'll have to take a ride over and meet you. We were out tonight, about a hour from home, highway driving without the cruise on, and averaged 25.7 mpg, so I'm pretty happy with that, and I only have a little over 550 miles on the "X".

Joe

Richy,

Next time the wife and I go out to Frankenmuth, Mi for another Polka Fest, we'll have to take a ride over and meet you. We were out tonight, about a hour from home, highway driving without the cruise on, and averaged 25.7 mpg, so I'm pretty happy with that, and I only have a little over 550 miles on the "X".

Joe

That would be great!!

I'm going to go with 17" wheels and Blizzaks from Belle Tire. Here are the wheels:

http://www.racelinewheels.com/p-747-125-black-wmirror-lip.aspx

I think they'll look great!

Edited by richy

WOW, pretty sharp looking set of wheels. I'm debating if I should go with winter tires. Here in New Jersey, our winters usually aren't that bad, but watch, if I don't go with winter shoes, we'll probably get snow up to our "A" holes ! Richie, what difference do you think that you will see,

going down to 17's from 20's ?

WOW, pretty sharp looking set of wheels. I'm debating if I should go with winter tires. Here in New Jersey, our winters usually aren't that bad, but watch, if I don't go with winter shoes, we'll probably get snow up to our "A" holes ! Richie, what difference do you think that you will see,

going down to 17's from 20's ?

It is only like a 1/4 or 1/2 inch difference in height due to the size of the tire (235/65R X 17)

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought that I would "report in", after having my '12 MKX for 2 weeks now. The vehicle exceeds all my expectations. Having come out of a '06 Explorer Limited, this feels like a sports car to me. The ride, handling, comfort, and technology are unreal. The only "glitch" is when the heat is on, all is fine, but when I switch over to defrost only, the air comes out cold. Have an appointment to

bring it in in 2 days, the service rep seems to know what the problem is. It will blow warm air, if I turn it up to 80 degrees. Even my wife thinks that this is a "fun" car to drive, but I'm not giving it up, she has her MKS, which a real nice ride. My Lincoln Touch has been pretty good, a bit on the slow side, at times, but not that bad. :happy feet:

Joe

I have a 2012 MKX and have the same problem with the cold air coming out. I thought I was going crazy until I read your post here. I've had the car for 2 months now. I need to make an appointment to check it out. Ive also had a problem with MFT. Sometimes the navi wont load and none of my radio presets show up anymore.