Lincoln MKX

lowelanxd

howdy all.. andrew here. just got rid of a pontiac G8 6.0L in favor of a 2008 MKX, and what a great vehicle it has turned out to be! I'm a firm believer that everything automotive was designed to fit a certain "emissions" standard, and that there is always room to improve engine performance and efficency. Ive been in retail auto parts sales for about ten years and have seen all kinds of DIY maintence and modifications, both effective and unrealistic. Looking forward to making some mechanical changes to the 3.5 in effort to improve driveablilty and boost economy. Ford has created an excellent platform, and manufactured a great vehicle that's full of "out of the box" fun and features. I'm looking forward following everyones input here. thanks ~andrew~

howdy all.. andrew here. just got rid of a pontiac G8 6.0L in favor of a 2008 MKX, and what a great vehicle it has turned out to be! I'm a firm believer that everything automotive was designed to fit a certain "emissions" standard, and that there is always room to improve engine performance and efficency. Ive been in retail auto parts sales for about ten years and have seen all kinds of DIY maintence and modifications, both effective and unrealistic. Looking forward to making some mechanical changes to the 3.5 in effort to improve driveablilty and boost economy. Ford has created an excellent platform, and manufactured a great vehicle that's full of "out of the box" fun and features. I'm looking forward following everyones input here. thanks ~andrew~

Hey Andrew...Happy Holidays. I (like yourself) sold my (mildly modified) 2005 Pontiac GTO-6.0 for an 08 MKX in Septermber. I thought I would miss it, but I honestly don't! Hmmm am I noticing a trend here? I am glad to know that I'm not the only one who swapped high performance for luxury and all season driving. I have to agree with your room for engine improvement comment. The Ford 3.5 is tuned for lower emissions; however, I am quite pleased with my MKX. It gets out of its own way (265 vs 400+ HP??? I'm still adjusting...lol), uses regular fuel, delivers decent fuel economy and that is more than I can ask for in this type of vehicle. It is a weird thing...the more I drive my "X", the more I love it. Hopefully you will too. Enjoy.

[Had my slightly used '10 Edge Limited AWD for a little more than a month and I love it. Hope you enjoy yours. Freddy1021 quote name=lowelanxd' timestamp='1323905384' post='69876]

Hey Andrew...Happy Holidays. I (like yourself) sold my (mildly modified) 2005 Pontiac GTO-6.0 for an 08 MKX in Septermber. I thought I would miss it, but I honestly don't! Hmmm am I noticing a trend here? I am glad to know that I'm not the only one who swapped high performance for luxury and all season driving. I have to agree with your room for engine improvement comment. The Ford 3.5 is tuned for lower emissions; however, I am quite pleased with my MKX. It gets out of its own way (265 vs 400+ HP??? I'm still adjusting...lol), uses regular fuel, delivers decent fuel economy and that is more than I can ask for in this type of vehicle. It is a weird thing...the more I drive my "X", the more I love it. Hopefully you will too. Enjoy.

I went from an '06 Corvette Coupe on my '11 Sport AWD. The vette was intoxicating on the freeway, but LIVED in the dealer service department. I believe I love my Edge far more than the Vette.

Edited by Ridbidge

I went from an '06 Corvette Coupe to my '11 Sport AWD. The vette was intoxicating on the freeway, but LIVED in the dealer service department. I believe I love my Edge far more than the Vette.

I went from an '06 Corvette Coupe to my '11 Sport AWD. The vette was intoxicating on the freeway, but LIVED in the dealer service department. I believe I love my Edge far more than the Vette.

WOW that says a lot. Many Corvette guys are die hard fans and unlikely to admit that. I will say my '05 GTO never gave any problems. I honestly never had to make a warranty claim for anything! It was a great car all around. Hopefully I will experience the same with the MKX as well.

WOW that says a lot. Many Corvette guys are die hard fans and unlikely to admit that. I will say my '05 GTO never gave any problems. I honestly never had to make a warranty claim for anything! It was a great car all around. Hopefully I will experience the same with the MKX as well.

Things must have changed, my dad had 99 & 02 vetttes. The 99 was a coupe and the 02 was a convertible both 6 speeds. The only thing either of them was in the dealership for was oil changes... He also didn't drive them much could be the difference.