2008 Edge Sel Lease End

Hello,

It's been awhile since I've been on these forums but with my 08 SEL lease almost up, I thought I'd pick the brains of the group. My original thought was to get a 2012 Explorer, but the more I thought about it the more I realized it's a little too big for the city + with only 1 kid and a dog, the extra space is not imperative. Thought about waiting for the 2013 Escape, but who knows when it will actually be released, and despite the dimensions sounding on par with the Edge, and the cargo space actually being bigger (how is that possible given how small the current generation Escape cargo space is?) I'm back to the Edge being nicer.

Although I love my 08 Edge, and have been happy with Ford service overall, I'm reluctant to buy another for two pretty stupid reasons. 1: The 2012 despite having a refresh last year is still the same generation. While the interior is a bit different, it's the same vehicle. For as much as I do love it, the thought of driving the same vehicle for another 4 years is less than appealing. My wife thinks I'm stupid since if I love the vehicle why not get it again, + going from an SEL to Limited will make a difference. 2: With this generation getting long in tooth, I think there's a new model coming out in 2014 (2013 calendar), or 2015 at the latest. I'm reluctant to buy something that will be "old" in 18months.

I've also been looking at a Sorento Luxery, which is pretty much equipped as well as the Edge Limited AWD, but about $6K less. It didn't ride as nice as the Edge, but was still a nice vehicle. I can't find anything else in the $40-$45k (Canadian) CUV price range, fully loaded, that has the same cargo space or quality. The Morano was the closet but it felt smaller.

Hoping for some feed back on a couple of things:

- Anyone else compare the Edge to the Sorento? Thoughts?

- Any other model that you would suggest for a CUV in the same price range with at least the same cargo space 2nd row up?

- Anyone heard anything on the next generation Edge?

- Any thoughts on the 2013 Escape? Will it really be as big as the Edge?

And lastly, the one I'm sure everyone's dying to talk about again - MFT. I know the current version is buggy, I can live with that, if, a big IF, the consensus is the spring update will fix 99% of the issues. MFT is one of the main reasons I'd like to get the Edge.

Have a neighbor that just got a Sorrento a few weeks before I got my MKX. He said it's not bad, but the ride is kind of "truckie" (qas he put it), and kind of loud with engine noise and highway driving. He never did look at an Edge, Nds now he;s kind of sorry. He's not unhappy with the Sorrento, just a little disappointed in some areas. MFT, actually MLT with the MKX, is pretty decent so far. A little slow with some voice commands, but it does work pretty friggin sharp ! Enjoy whatever you choose.

Joe

Just saw that the MXK (in Canada) has a 0% lease over 48 verse Edge @ 2.99%. That's about $80-$85 a month in payments or $4-$5K in MSRP right there. Going to search the forum for MXK vs Edge thoughts.

Appreciate the feedback on the Sorento, have a feeling I'd be the same was as your neighbour

re: Escape - I think we can order in Jan (?) for delivery in April, fingers crossed