I purchased a HID retro kit from Retro-Solutions. I installed the kit 2 months ago on my new 2011 Ford Edge SEL and have been very pleased. The only thing I see is it looks like one of the projectors is out of alignment and is lighting up the right hand side of the road more. In other words I can actually see a difference in light beam intensity. This is from looking at the light pattern as I drive and also when close to a wall. Has anybody noticed anything like this after doing this upgrade with the Retro-Solutions HID Kit and is there a fix?

Thanks

Have you ever driven a car with proper projectors before? OEM HID? This is how it's suppose to be. There is a slope built into the shield to project more light onto the right side of the road and the side. You don't want it that high on the drivers side as it will blind oncoming drivers. Since both projectors overlap more on the right side it appears brighter.

If that's not it then check to make sure your bulbs are installed correctly. The return wire on xenon bulbs has to be straight down or it can dim or yellow the output.

Edited by NWS Alpine
  • Like 1