Opinions wanted

Hello,

I currently have an 08 SEL that is coming off lease. I’m pretty sure between the costco discount and Xplan that I want to lease another Ford. The Explorer seems a little bigger than I need (not to mention a little more expensive) and the 2013 Escape perks my interest – but I’m leery of buying the first year of a generation + I know the lease rates will be high when it first comes out.

Edge has a great 3% 48 month lease in Canada right now, and as mentioned there’s the Costco rebate in effect. We love the vehicle, and the new Edge would actually be a limited so there’d be some nice perks we don’t have now. My wife is really pushing me towards this as she feels the Escape would feel a lot tighter (we have a kid and a large dog). The only holding me back is that I already have driven an Edge of this generation. Would anyone else be adverse to buying the same model vehicle twice in a row? I’m also hung up on the fact a redesigned Edge will be out in 18 months (not that I can wait for it, I have to get something in the next couple of months). Am I being irrational in my thoughts? I love the vehicle but there’s something about wanting “new” when getting a new vehicle.

Just curious if the crowd falls on my wife’s side (“you love the car, why wouldn’t you get it again?) or my probably wrong side of “but we already had one”.

I personally don't like the new escape, so that wouldn't be an option. Just seems more like that is the "cheaper" line for fords. If you like the car and it is the right size for your family and needs, then what is wrong with having the same car. Especially the changes from the 08 to the 12 are huge.

Hello,

I currently have an 08 SEL that is coming off lease. I’m pretty sure between the costco discount and Xplan that I want to lease another Ford. The Explorer seems a little bigger than I need (not to mention a little more expensive) and the 2013 Escape perks my interest – but I’m leery of buying the first year of a generation + I know the lease rates will be high when it first comes out.

Edge has a great 3% 48 month lease in Canada right now, and as mentioned there’s the Costco rebate in effect. We love the vehicle, and the new Edge would actually be a limited so there’d be some nice perks we don’t have now. My wife is really pushing me towards this as she feels the Escape would feel a lot tighter (we have a kid and a large dog). The only holding me back is that I already have driven an Edge of this generation. Would anyone else be adverse to buying the same model vehicle twice in a row? I’m also hung up on the fact a redesigned Edge will be out in 18 months (not that I can wait for it, I have to get something in the next couple of months). Am I being irrational in my thoughts? I love the vehicle but there’s something about wanting “new” when getting a new vehicle.

Just curious if the crowd falls on my wife’s side (“you love the car, why wouldn’t you get it again?) or my probably wrong side of “but we already had one”.

There is enough difference between the 08 and 12 that it wouldn't be like driving the same vehicle, but understand your point. Why not just do a 27 month lease and then decide whether you want the new one or something different?