1st new vehicle Edge?

Geek-A-Leek

Hey fellas! This will be my first new vehicle purchase and i have been doing some research and I am a little nervous about spending this much money on a Edge Limited FWD with all of these issues. The good seems to be still out weighing the bad, but I am still doing more research, especially with this MFT software issue. is it any better in the 2012s vs the 2011s? I sure do hate to see the 08 TL go, but the Edge does look sexy in black...mmm yummy! any sort of imput would be apprecieated.

Hey fellas! This will be my first new vehicle purchase and i have been doing some research and I am a little nervous about spending this much money on a Edge Limited FWD with all of these issues. The good seems to be still out weighing the bad, but I am still doing more research, especially with this MFT software issue. is it any better in the 2012s vs the 2011s? I sure do hate to see the 08 TL go, but the Edge does look sexy in black...mmm yummy! any sort of imput would be apprecieated.

I have a 2013 Edge on order which should come with the upgraded software. They are building it the 3rd week of February and I should have it by the end of March at the latest. I figure even if it doesn't come on it. The upgrade should be out by the end of March.

If I was buying a 2012. I wouldn't be concerned over a couple of months until the upgrade.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about MyFordTouch. Have my "X" 2 1/2 months, and 1 minor glitch that a disconnect and reconnect ot the + battery cable, and all fine since. From various video's (including youtube) the update looks awesome, and even if you get an '11 or '12, the update would apply. Love the vehicle, ride, handling, power, quietness - all superb. Go out and treat youself, get what options you want, you'll be driving it every day !

Are you in a rush to do anything? If not I would hold off. We have nothing but problems with ours. Just yesterday it locked up again, no control over radio, HVAC etc and the reboot app Ford gave me didn't work. Eventually I had to pull the fuse to get it somewhat functional again. I really hope the software rewrite fixes things but I have lost all confidence in this system. I would just hate to see you trade in a TL that has probably given you very little issues over the years and have problems right out of the box. Even if this software fixes the issues I feel like our experience thus far has already tainted our ownership experience. Other than the MFT though I do have to say we really like the Edge...just hope it comes around and all of this fades away.

I was in your same position a couple of months ago. Strongly considered passing on the Ford Edge simply because of the MFT issues. I ended up buying a Limited with virtually no additional options. While I think MFT is a bit quirky right now, and looking forward to the upgrades, I'm glad it didn't keep me from buying the Edge. But to be fair, I'll say that because I chose not to get a model with navigation, I doubt that I see anywhere near the problems that other users do.

I was in your same position a couple of months ago. Strongly considered passing on the Ford Edge simply because of the MFT issues. I ended up buying a Limited with virtually no additional options. While I think MFT is a bit quirky right now, and looking forward to the upgrades, I'm glad it didn't keep me from buying the Edge. But to be fair, I'll say that because I chose not to get a model with navigation, I doubt that I see anywhere near the problems that other users do.

I too thought nav was a major contributor but I have gone periods without nav card installed and still got just as many reboots. Recently Ford requested we remove the phones and still the system is having major issues. So there seems to be something else going on that goes beyond whether you have nav or even connect a phone. I hope it is software since they have already replaced my APIM and that did nothing, but I can't say I have any faith it is software only. If this vehicle had hard buttons for all the vital controls and you didn't need the MFT I would say taking a chance might be OK but since basically everything goes through it you are screwed if it fails.