Perma Plate Protection Worth It?

russinkansas

Hello, everyone.

I'm now the owner of a new 2012 Edge. It's my first new vehicle. Took care of the wife and the kids, so now it's finally my turn!

I decided to purchase all of the Perma Plate coatings -- Paintguard, Fiberguard, Leatherguard, Soundguard, and Rustguard. I am getting the full 7-year plan.

I normally keep a vehicle for at least 10 years, so I figured I would start off on the right foot. I've never been religious about washing my cars, certainly not so for waxing them.

How well does the Soundguard block roadnoise, etc?

Can I really expect the Paintguard to keep my car looking new for 7 years?

Anyone have any opinions on any of the products?

Thanks!!

Hello, everyone.

I'm now the owner of a new 2012 Edge. It's my first new vehicle. Took care of the wife and the kids, so now it's finally my turn!

I decided to purchase all of the Perma Plate coatings -- Paintguard, Fiberguard, Leatherguard, Soundguard, and Rustguard. I am getting the full 7-year plan.

I normally keep a vehicle for at least 10 years, so I figured I would start off on the right foot. I've never been religious about washing my cars, certainly not so for waxing them.

How well does the Soundguard block roadnoise, etc?

Can I really expect the Paintguard to keep my car looking new for 7 years?

Anyone have any opinions on any of the products?

Thanks!!

What product are they using for the soundguard? what areas are they using it in? The rustguard might be the same as the soundguard? Paintguard- not sure if any paint guard will make your car look the same 7 years from now. I never buy any dealer up sells as it can be bought cheaper at different detail shops etc.

Man, I don't want to rain on your parade, but let me tell you something about dealership offered products: They are there for profit, not for performance. My father was a GM dealer for 25 years and I worked there full time in sales for almost 8 years myself. I am a professional detailer on the side as well, so I am very, very familiar with what products work and what don't. The Dealer systems require you to re-attend once a year to reapply them to be effective and to keep the so-called warranty intact. Most people don't bother.

If you are truly interested in learning about how to properly protect your investment and use the best quality products to protect both inside and out, then my advice to you is to join some detailing forums. I help run Live2Detail which is the only detailing forum out there that is privately owned and not influenced whatsoever by a manufuacturer. Several members from here have joined and have learned a ton. Autogeek is a huge one with many varying opinions from many different "experts". they seem only interested in peddling the newest products. DetailingBliss is another one that is also run by an online store. There are others too.

Optimum's Opti Coat is a permanent coating that cannot be beat by any other product out there. I know that is a bold claim, but it's true. Ultima's Interior Trim Guard is an awesome protectant for the inside. These 2 products will get you going. Once you get doing this yourself, you'll discover the joy of maintaining the finish yourself.

Hope that helps.

Man, I don't want to rain on your parade, but let me tell you something about dealership offered products: They are there for profit, not for performance. My father was a GM dealer for 25 years and I worked there full time in sales for almost 8 years myself. I am a professional detailer on the side as well, so I am very, very familiar with what products work and what don't. The Dealer systems require you to re-attend once a year to reapply them to be effective and to keep the so-called warranty intact. Most people don't bother.

If you are truly interested in learning about how to properly protect your investment and use the best quality products to protect both inside and out, then my advice to you is to join some detailing forums. I help run Live2Detail which is the only detailing forum out there that is privately owned and not influenced whatsoever by a manufuacturer. Several members from here have joined and have learned a ton. Autogeek is a huge one with many varying opinions from many different "experts". they seem only interested in peddling the newest products. DetailingBliss is another one that is also run by an online store. There are others too.

Optimum's Opti Coat is a permanent coating that cannot be beat by any other product out there. I know that is a bold claim, but it's true. Ultima's Interior Trim Guard is an awesome protectant for the inside. These 2 products will get you going. Once you get doing this yourself, you'll discover the joy of maintaining the finish yourself.

Hope that helps.