Auto Show 2012-UPDATE

igcitng

I went to the NAIAS. The new MKZ looks cool in person. The waterfall grille now has horizontal slats vs the vertical ones. It has a cleaner look. I'm assuming MKX will follow suit. I went with my dad and was showing him how the Sync commands worked as most of the cars were operational in that regard. I passed on a few of my suggestions as to improving the MKX while I was there, such as having the rear doors open farther and whatnot. The Ford display was well done. Check out the Mustang with the 2 way exhaust with cutouts that exit under the doors: Very Cool!!

I went to the NAIAS. The new MKZ looks cool in person. The waterfall grille now has horizontal slats vs the vertical ones. It has a cleaner look. I'm assuming MKX will follow suit. I went with my dad and was showing him how the Sync commands worked as most of the cars were operational in that regard. I passed on a few of my suggestions as to improving the MKX while I was there, such as having the rear doors open farther and whatnot. The Ford display was well done. Check out the Mustang with the 2 way exhaust with cutouts that exit under the doors: Very Cool!!

The sidepipes are stock or is it a customized Mustang? That is cool! Much cleaner look that way. I have seen some Carmaros customized with that and it looks good. I will definitely check it out.

Went to the Chicago Auto Show yesterday. It was ok, not much new stuff to look at. I made friends with someone in the Ford booth and talked for awhile. What I was told about the Edge:

-For 2013 Edge SEL and Sport are getting a few changes. The SEL is shown in the Ford magazine, do not know what is in store for the Sport. All models get a makeover for 2014 and it sounds like the grille will go somewhat the way of the new Fusion, Taurus etc.

-The 2013 Edge is not being released until fall, which contradicts what we have talked about on the forum. New Fusion and some others are coming but not the Edge

-Ford is looking to get rid of Michelin tires

-Sounds like in the future the V-6 will be an option and not the norm

-The My Ford Touch update is not due to come out until summer

I checked out the Mustangs. The Boss 302 was turned on it's side, pretty cool. Got a good look at the exhaust lol. The new Escape is ok. I do not love the back end, it is a little tall and boxy for my taste but overall a nice makeover. It will have the 4 cyl or 4 cyl Ecoboost. I did check out the competition. It was quiet so I got to sit in whatever I wanted so I looked at Equinox, Taverse, Acadia, Camaro and Challenger close up. Wow, talk about disappointing in the interior category. All of these models go for good money and the interiors are cheap! Yuck. The Equinox dashboard was already falling apart. I went home with a new appreciation for my Edge, inside and out.

• Like 1

Great feed back!

My mom got an Equinox just after I got my Edge, so every time I ride with her, I appreciate mine, even the MFT. Her system is even harder to work. It doesn't seem to have the glitches, but have to reset your ipod to shuffle every time you change playlist, screen is hard to look at (reminds me of a dot matrix). Her auto seats you have to push and hold the button for it to move to the programmed spot. All in all - I will take my ford over her chevy anyday!