SD Navigation Card not recognized??

First off I have been searching this forum for answers with no luck.

Also I did read others mentioning their SD cards came with their car? Is this true? I just leased a brand new 2012 and dealer said I had to order/pay for the SD card...... about $200 IS this right? or should I be questioning them?

I did purchase the SD card but when I insert it I am getting no where.

First off the upper right green bar says Information instead of Navigation. Even with the SD card inserted.

When I try the turn by turn directions I am getting the dropped call issue that others mentioned. I am running the 2.11 update (the car literally was delivered to the dealer a week ago on the day I first spotted it so I would think its up to date anyways)

I believe I have completed everything necessary for the syncmyride registration. The dealer actually set it up online while I was there.

Is there something I am missing? From what I am reading it says IF Navigation is available it will say Navigation in the top right corner where I am seeing Information. I can get to the turn by turn directions by going thru the menus but like I said it drops the call as I try it.

I have a trip in 1 week and hoping I can get this worked out so I can use the navigation. Please help.

Boy that seems very strange. My SD card came with the factory nav. Yours should have too. That's like buying a car without tires. I call bullshit on that! Contact Ford if you need to; you got screwed there! It also sounds as if you have a computer that was not set up to have the Nav. You need to go back to the dealer and make a big stink. Contact Ford, switch dealers if you have to.

Yea that's complete and utter BS them saying you have to pay for the nav SD card separately! Mine came with the cars documentation package in the glovebox, no extra charge. Sounds like your dealer scammed the provided SD card for some other use and gave you a song-and-dance about having to pay for it separately.

Hmm Well if that is true then there are several problems to deal with

1) salesman didnt know what he was selling me otherwise why would he say yes you can buy the card

2) why would a 40,000 LIMITED AWD vehicle with all the equipment not include the navigation????

The car was in detail just off the delivery truck when I saw it and I asked what it had on it.

Plus if it were just that it did not have it on it fine I can deal with that but why sell me a SD card that wont work with it?

AND my turn by turn navigation that should work (right???) be disconnecting during download?

They best refund my $200 if they sold me a card that wont work for my car! Looks like I have a call to make in the morning!

AND if it truely doesnt have navigation on it is this just a software upgrade? Can this be added on? It has the screen and SD card slot what else would it need???

Hmm Well if that is true then there are several problems to deal with

1) salesman didnt know what he was selling me otherwise why would he say yes you can buy the card

2) why would a 40,000 LIMITED AWD vehicle with all the equipment not include the navigation????

The car was in detail just off the delivery truck when I saw it and I asked what it had on it.

Plus if it were just that it did not have it on it fine I can deal with that but why sell me a SD card that wont work with it?

AND my turn by turn navigation that should work (right???) be disconnecting during download?

They best refund my $200 if they sold me a card that wont work for my car! Looks like I have a call to make in the morning!

AND if it truely doesnt have navigation on it is this just a software upgrade? Can this be added on? It has the screen and SD card slot what else would it need???

Does your car have the 301A package? It is definitely possible to have a 300A optioned up to over $40,000 without having the nav system, especially if you have AWD. If you have the push button start and vista roof without the 301A package, you definitely do not have the navigation option.

It is well documented that you can't add navigation after the car leaves the factory even though there's no hardware limitation preventing it short of adding the SD card. It's hard to tell if the dealer thought this was possible or he was knowingly scamming you, but either way just adding the SD card to a system that wasn't programmed with navigation won't work. If navigation is truly important to you, I would return the car and get a model that includes navigation.

I have a call into my salesman.

I know the dealership manager pretty well so I dont think he knowingly scammed me. If anything it is the salesmen's lack of knowledge on this vehicle that he said it will work.

I am betting they are scrambling right now trying to figure out what to tell me.