Ford X plan vs Ford Z plan

steve2030

I have the option of generating either a Z plan or an X plan pin. The person who is doing it for me is a really close family friend, but we are not actually related. According to the rules of the Z plan I can use this one. Does ford actually check this info? Also does anyone know how much of a discount difference you can get with either plan or is it the same discount with both.

They check. They check well. Don't even try, or you can't have either plan. It's only a couple hundred bucks.

Mine was Z plan. My sister-in-law is a Ford employee. We had to submit my wife and sister-in-laws birth certificates to show relation, and my marriage license to qualify.

Edited by Dingo

I have the option of generating either a Z plan or an X plan pin. The person who is doing it for me is a really close family friend, but we are not actually related. According to the rules of the Z plan I can use this one. Does ford actually check this info? Also does anyone know how much of a discount difference you can get with either plan or is it the same discount with both.

Use the Z-Plan as a sales employee of Ford out of all the plans you can't get better pricing the the Z-plan. As a sales employee I cant get as good as a price on a vehicle then the Z-plan

Use the Z-Plan as a sales employee of Ford out of all the plans you can't get better pricing the the Z-plan. As a sales employee I cant get as good as a price on a vehicle then the Z-plan

Except close family friends don't qualify for Z plan AFAIK and if the retiree gets caught generating pins for non family members he'll lose that privilege.

• 1 year later...

Not sure of additional savings of Z plan over X but know that the X Plan saved me over $2,000 on our Limited a few months ago. This was a bonus as we didn’t even know about it when we began looking at the Edge. Add the $3,000 worth of rebates at the time and the $750 Private Cash that I learned about on this site (you guys rock!) and it all added up to a heck of a discount off of MSRP.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My dealer wouldn't take my business card for X-plan even though I already bought a Mustang from them two years ago on X-plan. I had to submit a pay stub to prove my employment. Of course, anyone who owns Ford stock or members of the Mustang Club of America ($50 membership fee) are also eligible.