Need a Big Favor!!!!

FordGuru

Hey FordGuru,

While we don't have an '09 or '10 Edge or MKX, the system is probably like the one in my wife's '09 MKS. In the 3 1/2 years we have had her car, it has been flawless. Has voice commands, and the system are right on spot, when you are at Main St and Center, that's exactly where the icon is positioned. My "X" (2012) is off about 20-25 feet, not that bad, as compared to others. I hope that the upgrade and SD card will correct thqais. The factory nav that I had in my '06 Explorer, which a mechanic at our dealership bought, performed very well, but did not have any voice commands (piece of shit - only kidding). I think that you will be happy with your update.

:happy feet: 3 cheers for Ford !

Edited by JOEHIO

• 2 months later...

Completed Ford Navigation Map Update, Version 5.1X yesterday, on our 2010 AWD Edge (18.7K miles). Included in the update package, were two software application DVDs, and two North America Nav-Map DVDs. Note: Nav map DVD No. 2, included a 30 minute "Gracenote database update". Installation of all four data DVDs took approx 4.5 hours, and went flawlessly. Vehicle idled throughout the installation process, and used approx 1.24 gallons of gas. Took it our for a cruise afterwards, and it ran like a charm. No problems noted.