NEW MFT UPDATE IS OUT!!!!

They can't charge for it. They give it to you and the file with ford for a replacement using your vin.

Hope you're right. I'll mention this to my dealer. Would make sense that if Ford sees a Nav card replacement through a dealet that it would cancel the mailing of the package to the owner.

Because they changed the Nav software and the map vendor.

So, Telenav was the navigation software provider (GUI) for versions 2.x on the 2011 Fords and Navteq was the map data provider.

We also know that Telenav is still the SW provider for 3.0.2. Press releases mention Telenav are still using Navteq raw maps.

Anybody have specifics on what actually changed with 3.0.2 that made the old SD card incompatible?

I too am interested. Wondering if future updates will also be like this so anyone with nav would have to pay for upgraded maps if they want to update the MFT base software. I highly doubt Ford will be so nice in the future and supply free map updates again. Tough if they want to I am fine with that.

So, Telenav was the navigation software provider (GUI) for versions 2.x on the 2011 Fords and Navteq was the map data provider.

We also know that Telenav is still the SW provider for 3.0.2. Press releases mention Telenav are still using Navteq raw maps.

Anybody have specifics on what actually changed with 3.0.2 that made the old SD card incompatible?

Navteq was NOT the map provider for 2011 and 2012 models. It was telenav. The software remains telenav apparently.

Edited by akirby