NEW MFT UPDATE IS OUT!!!!

not really since they are 2 completely seperate entities. i don't ever recall ford saying the new update would include an SD card for navi updates.

I could be wrong, but I thought I remember reading a couple articles saying they would be shipped together.

DISREGARD! a coworker was on here typing while i was with a customer.

SD CARDS HAVE NOT SHIPPED YET!

FordGuru, are you at a dealership where this was sent to, or was this sent to your home address? Just wondering if these are the first initial batch of updates which may be sent only to dealers first.

From FB...

Rebecca At Ford Hi, Carrie!

Over the next few weeks, we'll be mailing the Performance Upgrade to our MyFord/Lincoln Touch customers. There's a small amount of customers that have software levels that will require additional tools that only your dealer can provide. Since you are one of those few, you'll receive a notification in the mail on what to do next.

Please schedule an appointment with your Service Department.If you have a navigation-equipped Edge, be sure to verify with your dealer that an SD card will be available for installation. Take a look at the above post. Here's the link in case you can't see it:

http://www.facebook.com/fordedge/posts/10150585034150264

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca,

In-Vehicle Technology Team

4 minutes ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdnrFOuh7KA

I am employee of a Ford dealership by the end of March to mid April everyone will have the update. The service departments will be getting the updates by the end of the week

Promising news! Since I am in Canada, I will expect to see my update closer to Mid April-Early May however I'm not experiencing too many critical issues and can wait a bit longer

Date: March 5, 2012

To: All Ford & Lincoln Dealers, General Managers, Sales, Service, & Parts Personnel

Subject: ACTION REQUIRED - MyFord/MyLincoln Touch PERFORMANCE UPGRADE

SUMMARY

At the Ford Motor Company, we continue exploring ways to make the customer driving experience more

rewarding. In this spirit of continuous improvement, Ford is pleased to announce the release of the

PERFORMANCE UPGRADE software for 2011/2012 MY Edge, MKX, Explorer and 2012 Focus vehicles

equipped with MyFord/My Lincoln Touch. The successful implementation of the MyFord Touch/MyLincoln

Touch (MFT/MLT) PERFORMANCE UPGRADE (FSA# 11A01/11A02/11A03) is important to our

customers and our dealers. Your active involvement in the responsibilities listed below will help ensure

the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE is successful.

PERFORMANCE UPGRADE BENEFITS

The MyFord/MyLincoln Touch PERFORMANCE UPGRADE provides owners with simpler graphics, faster

touch-screen response, easier-to-use controls, easier-to-read fonts, enhanced voice recognition, and

improved navigation maps. In addition, successful completion of the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE

extends the coverage on the SYNC module to four years (five years for Lincoln) from the warranty start

date of the vehicle (unlimited mileage). This coverage exceeds the original warranty coverage provisions

for the SYNC module.

ELIGIBLE VEHICLES

2011/2012 MY Edge, MKX, Explorer, and 2012 Focus equipped with MyFord Touch/MyLincoln Touch are

eligible to receive the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE at no cost. All 2013 MY vehicles will come equipped

with the latest software system from the factory.

DEALER UNSOLD IN-STOCK VEHICLE PERFORMANCE UPGRADE PROCESS

Dealers are requested to update their eligible unsold in-stock vehicles (new and used including CPO) by

March 16, 2012. Dealers who perform the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE on these units should submit a

warranty claim as outlined in FSA#11A01 or 11A02 within 30 days. Dealers will be sent initial seed stock

quantities of SD cards for navigation-equipped units in stock and sufficient USB drives, along with user

guides and instructions. The USB drives are not vehicle specific and may be used to update numerous

vehicles, however one SD card is required per navigation-equipped vehicle and must remain with the

vehicle.

SD CARD SEED STOCK

Dealers will be sent an initial seed stock of SD cards as outlined in FSA# 11A01/11A02 to upgrade unsold

in-stock vehicles and to have available for customers who cannot perform a PERFORMANCE UPGRADE

themselves. Before seed stock is exhausted, dealers need to order additional supply as indicated in the

FSA’s.

CUSTOMER PERFORMANCE UPGRADE PROCESS

Customers with eligible vehicles equipped with the MyFord/MyLincoln Touch system will be notified by

mail; however, customers have the option of bringing their vehicle into the dealership to have the

PERFORMANCE UPGRADE performed at no cost prior to receiving their PERFORMANCE UPGRADE

package. Dealers should check OASIS to verify the customer’s FSA category prior to performing the

upgrade. Dealers who perform customer PERFORMANCE UPGRADES should submit a warranty claim

as outlined in FSA# 11A01/11A02/11A03. Customers are grouped into 3 categories as outlined below.

1. FSA 11A03 - Retail customers eligible for self-installation (with and without navigation)

- These customers will receive a USB drive, an SD card (if vehicle equipped with navigation),

and instructions for completing the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE themselves. Customers

may elect to return to the dealer to have the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE performed at no

cost. The customer is requested to bring their USB and SD card (if applicable) with them to

the appointment.

Dealer Communication2. FSA 11A02 – Certain early Explorers (as identified in OASIS) and Fleet customers that must

return to the dealer for the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE.

- Corporate Fleet customers who don’t provide Ford with driver specific names and addresses

will receive a letter instructing them to return to the Dealer for the PERFORMANCE

UPGRADE.

3. FSA 11A01 - Retail customers ineligible for self-installation who must return to the dealer for the

PERFORMANCE UPGRADE (with and without navigation)

- These customers will receive only a letter directing them to return to the dealer to have the

PERFORMANCE UPGRADE performed, as they have a version of MyFord/MyLincoln Touch

software which requires a system reflash administered through the dealer’s IDS tool. Dealers

will use their seed stock of SD cards for navigation-equipped units.

LINCOLN CUSTOMERS

Lincoln customers will receive a Lincoln branded communication and will be contacted by the Lincoln

Customer Care Team (LCCT) beginning the week of March 12, 2012 to confirm receipt of the

PERFORMANCE UPGRADE package. The LCCT will explain their options for completing the

PERFORMANCE UPGRADE including assistance with scheduling an appointment with the customer’s

desired dealership and confirming the customer’s understanding of the warranty extension. The LCCT

will also remind customers to report their successful PERFORMANCE UPGRADE via syncmyride.com or

by calling the In Vehicle Technology Team at 800.392.4040.

PERFORMANCE UPGRADE TIME REQUIREMENTS

The MyFord Touch/MyLincoln Touch PERFORMANCE UPGRADE process for FSA’s 11A02 and 11A03

may take up to one hour to complete using the USB Flash drive or longer using IDS. The 11A01

reprogramming procedure with IDS requires use of a computer, a battery charger, and the regular

attention of the servicing technician throughout the download process. The 11A02 and 11A03

reprogramming procedure with the USB flash drive can be performed by a non-technical individual

anywhere the vehicle can be safely left running. The vehicle must be running, and in park with the

parking brake engaged in order to initiate the installation process. The vehicle may be driven once the

PERFORMANCE UPGRADE has begun although some functionality may be limited/unavailable during

the installation process, such as phone/media player usage, rear view camera, & climate control via the

touch screen (conventional climate control buttons on the instrument panel will remain working).

Once the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE is complete, an “Installation Complete” message may appear

accompanied by an “OK” button. Upon completion of the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE, customers

should report successful installation via SYNCMYRide.com as indicated in their installation instructions or

contact the In-Vehicle Technology Team at 800.392.4040. Time requirements and labor operations for

Dealer installed Performance Upgrades using either the USB flash drive or the Dealer’s IDS tool are

outlined in the FSA# 11A01,11A02 and 11A03.

RENTAL VEHICLES

Customers are eligible for one (1) day of rental coverage while having the upgrade performed. Dealers

may claim one (1) Transportation Assistance Program (TAP) day using program code TAP5 for Ford

rental vehicles and TAP6 for Lincoln vehicles. These claims will be funded by Ford and will not affect

your existing TAP budget or utilization. Specific claiming details are contained within the FSA

TIMING

A small supply of USB flash drives for PERFORMANCE UPDATES, an initial seed stock of SD cards, and

updated system literature shipments are scheduled to arrive at dealers on March 5, 2012. The shipment

is mailed to the attention of Service Manager. Customer notification letters will be mailed starting the

week of March 5, 2012. FSA VIN lists will be posted to the FSA VIN List page of FMCDealer.com on

March 5, 2012 and be updated with customer contact information approximately thirty days (30) from the

date of the last customer mailing.

ACTION REQUIRED

1. Review PERFORMANCE UPGRADE FSA# 11A01/11A02/11A03

Dealer Communication2. Upgrade your eligible unsold in-stock units (new and used) by March 16, 2012 and submit

warranty claims within the 30-day time limit.

3. Ensure your dealership sales and service staffs are immediately informed of the

MyFord/MyLincoln Touch PERFORMANCE UPGRADE benefits and process.

4. Work with your Sales & Service Zone Managers to schedule an in-dealership meeting with your

staff to answer additional questions and ensure you are prepared to provide a positive ownership

experience.

5. Lincoln Dealers – Ensure your staff is aware and prepared with a process for incoming calls from

the LCCT to assist customers with appointment scheduling.

RESOURCES

Please review these available resources for additional information about the MyFord/MyLincoln Touch

PERFORMANCE UPGRADE and benefits, which can all be found on the “MyFord/MyLincoln Touch

Resource Center” page of FMCDealer.com.

o How to Upgrade Your System & Report Successful Installation – Customer Instructions

o SYNC with MyFord Touch/My Lincoln Touch Video On Demand

o Lincoln Frontline – MyLincoln Touch (Lincoln ONLY)

o Ford Frontline - MyFord Touch

o Frequently Asked Questions

o MyFord Touch / MyLincoln Touch Performance Upgrade Press Release at

www.media.ford.com

QUESTIONS

! General questions regarding the Performance Upgrade, please contact the In-Vehicle

Technology Team at 800.392.4040 (customers) and 877.945.3648 (dealers ONLY).

! FSA administration questions, please contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) at

! For technical repair questions, please utilize the Hotline Assistance Request process on PTS,

selecting “SYNC” for Hotline Group on the form

! For FSA and TAP claiming questions, please contact the Warranty Assistance Team at 1-800-

432-8851

I am employee of a Ford dealership by the end of March to mid April everyone will have the update. The service departments will be getting the updates by the end of the week

we've already got ours this morning. our dealer kit came with 5 USB drives and a buttload of pamphlets. i've successfully completed 3 this morning