New Cell Phone?

The wife and I are qualified for new upgraded cell phones now and I have been asking around to see which one will handle incoming text messaging. I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone. I went to Verizon and they don't know and have no idea. I went to the dealer and they say "the phone that does that hasn't been made yet". I contacted Ford via SyncMyRide.com and they show a list of 50+ phones that are "compatible" and I know that this is not accurate. The Sync email replied that the "DROID X" will do this. Now who do I believe. Ford has videos showing how the system will receive incoming texts and will read them in voice to you and the dealer says it can't be done??? Who's full of you know what?

Is there ANYONE out there who can give me a truthful and accurate answer? :confused:

We haven't received our FMT/Sync/Nav System updates yet...Maybe because my name starts with a "T" and they're sending the updates alphabetically.

Can ANYONE help me figure out this phone thing. Will the update make any difference?

Thanks to all in advance.

heres the current matrix

my advice though, if any of you are looking at upgrading and are afraid something may not work with SYNC/MFT just take a demo phone from you cell store out in the parking lot, sync it up and find out for yourself. all the guys at your dealership can do is speculate. We don't have time to do testing on ALL cell phones out there and ford will only add a phone to the matrix once ALL functionality has been proven or disproved. And with new phones coming out every day, don't count on ford being able to keep up.

not meant to sound rude either. just honest and meant to help you avoid headache in the future

sync_phone_mp3_player_matrix.pdf

The wife and I are qualified for new upgraded cell phones now and I have been asking around to see which one will handle incoming text messaging. I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone. I went to Verizon and they don't know and have no idea. I went to the dealer and they say "the phone that does that hasn't been made yet". I contacted Ford via SyncMyRide.com and they show a list of 50+ phones that are "compatible" and I know that this is not accurate. The Sync email replied that the "DROID X" will do this. Now who do I believe. Ford has videos showing how the system will receive incoming texts and will read them in voice to you and the dealer says it can't be done??? Who's full of you know what?

Is there ANYONE out there who can give me a truthful and accurate answer? :confused:

We haven't received our FMT/Sync/Nav System updates yet...Maybe because my name starts with a "T" and they're sending the updates alphabetically.

Can ANYONE help me figure out this phone thing. Will the update make any difference?

Thanks to all in advance.

I have the Galaxy skyrocket II and my texts work fine with the system

Thanks to you all. I knew that the dealer, Verizon and SYNC had to be wrong or not up to date. I asked the guy at the dealer if "the phone doesn't exist at this time that will do text messaging" then why does Ford have a video on it's website that shows it being done? His reply, "well that's just for future use"?

Does anyone think that the "new update" will have any effect on the phones that are FULLY compatible to SYNC? As I said before, my USB and SD haven't shown up in the mailbox yet, guess I might be at the end of the shipping list. I might wait till I get the update installed (if it ever shows up) and then go to the phone store and have them do a trial run before I buy.

Thanks to you all. I knew that the dealer, Verizon and SYNC had to be wrong or not up to date. I asked the guy at the dealer if "the phone doesn't exist at this time that will do text messaging" then why does Ford have a video on it's website that shows it being done? His reply, "well that's just for future use"?

Does anyone think that the "new update" will have any effect on the phones that are FULLY compatible to SYNC? As I said before, my USB and SD haven't shown up in the mailbox yet, guess I might be at the end of the shipping list. I might wait till I get the update installed (if it ever shows up) and then go to the phone store and have them do a trial run before I buy.

The features for phones have nothing to do with the system if your phone doesn't allow the phone to do it then it wont. All the features of the system are phone dependent meaning your phone has to be able to give the texts to the systems.

I have a Droid Razr and it works fine. When I was looking for a phone that could send and receive texts I found that the sales people didn't have a clue. I found a thread on here that said to look at the technical specs for the phone and it has to support "MAP".

Here are the specs for my Droid Razr...Bluetooth v2.1+ EDR (Profiles supported: HFP 1.5, AVRCP 1.4 (CT), HSP 1.2, A2DP 1.2, PBAP, HID, MAP, PAN–NAP, OPP, DUN, SPP, GAVDP, AVDTP, AVCTP).

Very cool feature and it will read the message EXACTLY as it's written so beware if your kids are with you.

Hope that helps.