3D Carbon + 22"s on 07 Edge SEL+ AWD - What do you think?

Since we are all giving our opinions, here is mine. Some of you wondering about how the price of those "spatulas" can cost so much. Well from what I have found online is that you can get wheels that are made cheap or made really well. Tirerack sells some 22" for the 07' Edge for as little as $302 and as high as $1168 per wheel. It just depends on what brand of wheel you purchase. Everyone likes what they like. I like the chrome look just not the ones he picked out. I would personally love to have the Avarus AV1's from Tirereack.com on my Edge. Those black ASA's that Mr. Behr is putting on his Edge are straight "BUDUSSY". Of course, that's just my opinion, do whatever floats your boat.

Oh, don't misunderstand. I know exactly why certain wheels and tires can cost so much; customizing cars has been a hobby of mine for over 30 years.

Before I walk into a dealer and buy something that has been "modded" - I want to know what I'm buying (brand, model, etc) so I can compare prices and see if I can do better.

Watertown says $2,495.00 for tires and wheels. You found them (I'm thinking on Wheelsnext.com) for $1,999.00. So there is $500.00 for negotiating right there. And that is assuming he went with the 305/45's.

Yes, it's all about taste. No one is disputing that. I just have an issue with asking him specifics about the "options" and him not answering.

I'm sure if you went into a dealer and asked similar questions and noticed that they seems hesitant to answer them, you would probably see little red flags too.

Since we are all giving our opinions, here is mine. Some of you wondering about how the price of those "spatulas" can cost so much. Well from what I have found online is that you can get wheels that are made cheap or made really well. Tirerack sells some 22" for the 07' Edge for as little as $302 and as high as $1168 per wheel. It just depends on what brand of wheel you purchase. Everyone likes what they like. I like the chrome look just not the ones he picked out. I would personally love to have the Avarus AV1's from Tirereack.com on my Edge. Those black ASA's that Mr. Behr is putting on his Edge are straight "BUDUSSY". Of course, that's just my opinion, do whatever floats your boat.

And for those (like myself) not too up on the terms... What is BUDUSSY?

Bryce

LMAO.

Budussy.

Hmm....how do I describe this.

Something that is awful. Terrible. Something as nasty as the smell of ....

Better idea. Just remembered a website.

Look it up:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=budussy

In other words, she really doesn't like it.

Edited by Good_Hands

Holy crap. It's even more funny when someone else describes it... Again, just my personal opinion. I agree with you goodhands on sending up red flags when they won't tell you everything. I'm a big believer in researching things on the web to find better info and prices.

Edited by HerEdge

For $41,445 even if it's list, I'd order me an '08 Lincoln with the 20" wheels, and end up with a much better looking vehicle. The 3D Carbon kit looks nice, but those wheels don't do it for me at all. Personal opinion.

$41K? ZOMG.

Body kit OK. Wheels: too big, too bling (IMHO). Don't even want to know what the ride is like. Needs to be dropped if they're gonna run rubber bands like that: the ride is hosed already, might as well go all the way and slam it.

Well, "SZone", to each his own. I would rather take the normally bland styling Ford gives us and tkae it a step further like a little bit bigger wheels, maybe a body kit, and a lot better quality stereo system. Yes they do offer some of these as upgrades from the factory but they are always overpriced and only sometimes the equal in quality.

Well, "SZone", to each his own. I would rather take the normally bland styling Ford gives us and tkae it a step further like a little bit bigger wheels, maybe a body kit, and a lot better quality stereo system. Yes they do offer some of these as upgrades from the factory but they are always overpriced and only sometimes the equal in quality.

Very good point! Not to mention the fact that many of as, as soon on this site already, have different opinions on what looks good. I would have to have my hands tied when it comes to what add-ons I can have.

I like having the freedom to choose.

Personally, I like to keep my ride stock as it came from the factory....I don't like the tires, never heard of the company, but I'll wait until these wear down before I buy something else...Its the same when I restore an old car....paint has to match what it was from the factory, etc....The only exception would be if I had, for instance, a 1964 Galaxie 500XL convertible....I'd put some Crager SS on that puppy....but, to each his/her own....I've seen some stuff I like, but would never do to my Edge......

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...