2008 20" wheels

neartheedge

What is the general opinion of the optional 20" chrome clad wheels on the 2008 Limited Edge? Supposedly, they are paired with Pirelli tires. I don't really like the chrome clad but the Limited only comes that way. I wrote Ford and you cannot request the painted aluminum on the Limited.....you have to order the 18" chrome clad (standard) or the 20" chrome clad. I'm not sure what else to do since I want all the other "stuff" that comes standard on the Limited.

What is the general opinion of the optional 20" chrome clad wheels on the 2008 Limited Edge? Supposedly, they are paired with Pirelli tires. I don't really like the chrome clad but the Limited only comes that way. I wrote Ford and you cannot request the painted aluminum on the Limited.....you have to order the 18" chrome clad (standard) or the 20" chrome clad. I'm not sure what else to do since I want all the other "stuff" that comes standard on the Limited.

Bite the bullet. Get the extras you want and if you are stuck with the ugly wheels and undesired tires; so be it.

You can change wheels and tires much easier than the other "stuff."

Plus, some tire/wheel places will let you trade in when buying new from them.

I was going to order a 2008 Limited BUT they only offered the chrome clad! I ordered a 2007 with the painted ones, my car isn't here yet but saw some Egde's on the lot and prefer the painted my self.. The chrome chad looks nice but when you get close to them, they just look like an upgraded hub cap. Just my opinion and preference.

I was going to order a 2008 Limited BUT they only offered the chrome clad! I ordered a 2007 with the painted ones, my car isn't here yet but saw some Egde's on the lot and prefer the painted my self.. The chrome chad looks nice but when you get close to them, they just look like an upgraded hub cap. Just my opinion and preference.

Our dealer actually pointed out to us that the Chrome wheels were the way they are. The one our sales guy showed me, teh chrome part actually felt kind of loose. I think he really wanted to sell us our Edge and didn't want to hassle whit having the wheels swapped since my wife wanted the chromes ones at first.

I like the painted 18" wheels better anyhow...

edge1.jpg

Will the tires (p245/50r20) be thinner than normal...... as in less profile? Will the 20" wheel make it look like all wheel with plastic chrome? I can't decide whether to get the optional 20" wheel or stick with standard 18" which is also chrome clad.

The sidewall height will be 245mm x 0.50 or 122.5mm or 4.82 inches. Here is a URL that shows the 20" wheels and tires:

http://www.blip.tv/file/288907/

Will the tires (p245/50r20) be thinner than normal...... as in less profile? Will the 20" wheel make it look like all wheel with plastic chrome? I can't decide whether to get the optional 20" wheel or stick with standard 18" which is also chrome clad.

www.1010tires.com has a tire size calculator. Will show you the differences in diameter, circumference, etc from one size compared to the other.

• 5 weeks later...
Bite the bullet. Get the extras you want and if you are stuck with the ugly wheels and undesired tires; so be it.

You can change wheels and tires much easier than the other "stuff."

Plus, some tire/wheel places will let you trade in when buying new from them.

saw your post, dont know what ,if anything U have done about buying your edge, butI would buy your 20s from you if you have them, I want the chrome ones on my MKX, # 540-586-0612 thanks, Tommy Overstreet

I would think that if the dealer wants your business, they could work out something to make you happy.

That explains why he acts the way he does here. Its the same as the wife wearing the pants in the household.

Nah.....I think he wants his wife to drive the "cooler" vehicle.

When my wife and I go out on the weekend, I don't complain when she wants to drive our jeep.

Nothing to do with who wears the pants; just another way I can make my wife happy.

That explains why he acts the way he does here. Its the same as the wife wearing the pants in the household.

You are so full of sh*t your eyes are brown....The wife has long commute on one of the most dangerous interstates in the area...I want her in something that will give her a better chance of survival in an accident...of the other 4 cars I own, the Caravan gets the best gas milage, which is why I started driving it when gas went over $3.00 a gallon several months ago...I was driving my 1993 E150 MK.III conversion van, but it gets 12mpg vs. 20 mpg for the Caravan....