Anyone heard about any running boards ?

I have seen how the Lexus has the running boards from the factory and it looks pretty sharp. Has anyone heard anything on aftermarket ones for the Edge ?

Personally, I don't think the Edge has enough height to need running boards. My Expeditition had to have them but my kids have an Explorer and they are just kind of annoying.....you didn't really need them but they are there so you feel like you should use them. Just my .02..... :shades:

Personally, I don't think the Edge has enough height to need running boards. My Expeditition had to have them but my kids have an Explorer and they are just kind of annoying.....you didn't really need them but they are there so you feel like you should use them. Just my .02..... :shades:

I agree with SueS....running boards on the Edge would serve no functional purpose, as the vehicle's not high enough to require them. As far as appearance goes, I have no idea if they'd look good on it or not.

I have seen how the Lexus has the running boards from the factory and it looks pretty sharp. Has anyone heard anything on aftermarket ones for the Edge ?

I'd love to find out if anybody's making these, too. Contrary to others here that see no point in them, my mother (5'1", early eighties in age) is looking to trade in her beloved Aviator (HAS step boards, HAS grab handles) for the MKX, but it IS difficult for her to get into it. In fact, the lack of step boards is probably why we didn't drive one home this afternoon.

I'd love to find out if anybody's making these, too. Contrary to others here that see no point in them, my mother (5'1", early eighties in age) is looking to trade in her beloved Aviator (HAS step boards, HAS grab handles) for the MKX, but it IS difficult for her to get into it. In fact, the lack of step boards is probably why we didn't drive one home this afternoon.

You might concider lowering springs. I found the MKX just high enough to be a little annoying getting into. Lowering it was just enough to cure that for me.

I do think running boards might look pretty nice though. After all, most of the upgrades I see people make is more for appearence then real need?

You might concider lowering springs. I found the MKX just high enough to be a little annoying getting into. Lowering it was just enough to cure that for me.

I do think running boards might look pretty nice though. After all, most of the upgrades I see people make is more for appearence then real need?

Regarding appearance: True enough, I'm not immune to it myself. :shades: In this case, it's for usability. What would be involved in lowering 2", and how would it affect drivability? Interesting idea....