TPMS

Tom Champagne

I'm getting a set of new shoes on friday(ASA JH8 and 275-45-20's)from Tire rack and I would like to know if there is a over the counter tool to re-set my TPMS without having to go a tire dealer. Maybe it's too expensive,but I would like to do this procedure myself,instead of going to tire place twice a year. Any thoughts? Maybe a Ford tech might be listening? TIA

I'm getting a set of new shoes on friday(ASA JH8 and 275-45-20's)from Tire rack and I would like to know if there is a over the counter tool to re-set my TPMS without having to go a tire dealer. Maybe it's too expensive,but I would like to do this procedure myself,instead of going to tire place twice a year. Any thoughts? Maybe a Ford tech might be listening? TIA

Hi Tom. :D Yes, there is a tool available. You can purchase it at your local Dealer, or other Ford Parts Supplier.

I am sure that it can also be found on ebay. Just be sure you get the right tool for the Edge TPMS system, as there are different versions.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Ya, I would love to know how much the tool cost. Just put my new 22s on and had to have the dealer re-calibrate the new TPMS. Will have to pay every spring & fall when I swap my summer & winter tires to get this done....what a pain. I had originally thought the re-calibration could be done easily through a setting on the dash...unfortunately I was wrong.

Ya, I would love to know how much the tool cost. Just put my new 22s on and had to have the dealer re-calibrate the new TPMS. Will have to pay every spring & fall when I swap my summer & winter tires to get this done....what a pain. I had originally thought the re-calibration could be done easily through a setting on the dash...unfortunately I was wrong.

Hi Craiger. :D I do not know the cost offhand, but believe I have seen some versions priced at about $20 (not 100% sure though, since I do not have TPMS).

Try calling Team Ford Parts at 1-800-791-6436. Of course, to get a general idea on the MSRP of the tool, you can always call your Dealer Parts Department (if they are competent).

Good luck. :beerchug:

PS - Again, be sure you get the correct tool for the TPMS system on your vehicle, as the tool can vary from vehicle to vehicle and system to system.

Edited by bbf2530

Well I got the TPMS tool and it works great!

It was extremely easy to get into the "Learn" mode of the Edge and program the TPMS sensors.

That is if you have the proper procedure to get into the "Learn" mode.

The tool does not come with any directions, but I wasn't really expecting it to either.

I watched a technician at the dealer scan my wheels so I wrote down the procedure.

That was about 3 months ago and I can't find the paper I wrote it down on :wacko: , so I searched online and came across a link on how to program the TPMS on a 2007 Ford Mustang.

The procedure is exactly the same and the link is: http://home.ptd.net/~safari/mustang/fsm/Training.pdf

The whole process takes about 2 minutes and it's done.

I highly recommend this tool to anyone that wants to switch out the stock wheels and tires with custom wheels and tires during the spring & winter.

You will also need to reset the TPMS sensors when you rotate your tires. If you do the rotating yourself, its not only more convenient but you also save around $45.00 in dealer fees to scan the tires.

Just got my tool and it works great as well. One question tho...since my winter tires will be stored in the garage,along with the new sensors that I just set,will the old sensors affect the ones that I just set?