Jump to content

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Edge Platinum Member
  • Posts

    11,144
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    272

Everything posted by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

  1. Welcome to our corner of the world! What color is your Edge, and how did you come to pick the Edge as your ride?
  2. Congrats on your new Edge! Aaah, the new car ownership experience ... Nothing quite like it
  3. You can get a better price at www.hottexhaust.com, free shipping, but they charge sales tax, which kinda squishes the deal a bit. You can try http://www.hottexhaust.com/Magnaflow_15482 Coupon code: F62MPC38EX Sometimes the site was adding tax, sometimes it wasn't. Please try and let us know what it tells YOU!
  4. Well, at least the SRT8 lives up to its' reputation! It's OK to accccceleraaaaaate, but gotta know when to quit it. Especially with those superfast cop cars in Florida.
  5. Need at least a hub adapter (the centerbore is different between '07-'10 & '11-'13), and maybe spacers so the wheels don't rub on the brakes. Best to call up someone like a good wheel shop or Tirerack for fitment. Hopefully someone on here has done this swap or researched it already
  6. Looks like I should give the GG product a trial. Would any microfiber-specific detergent perform compared to the GG product, I wonder?
  7. I'd be interested in what the directions say regarding the disposal of the pad cleaner fluid afterwards. Is it safe to put down the drain, or should it be disposed of like used motor oil?
  8. Pretty good find on Amazon, Dingo! 1 kit left, just under $700 right now before any further discounts.
  9. That hit to the rear could explain the problem. May have messed up the rear wheel ABS/vehicle speed sensor, which provides feedback to the traction control system/ABS. I would try replacing at least that one in the left back to see if the problem goes away. If lucky, maybe it's just unplugged or not connected properly, but be prepared to replace.
  10. ABS light could be a sensor going bad or getting bad data. I assume these were not replaced at the time of the tire/brake job. Stability light possibly due to the stability control being turned off. Should turn the feature back on. http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/2533-2008-sel-fwd-stability-control-system/ Wrench light - not the maintenance light, right? Could be transmission sensors having an issue. Are you still under the 5 yr/60k powertrain warranty? What driveability issues, if any, are you experiencing at this point in time? Any noises/smells? Was there any damage to the vehicle from say, running over a pothole, or an accident?
  11. Welcome! We look forward to your participation. This is a great place for all things Edge/MKX, and then some!
  12. Anything I can do to get you to do more work and spend more money Thanks for the tip, Andy! I will look for it as well; have never seen it at my local Safeway/Giant, maybe I will get lucky?
  13. Prinzll, you planning on changing out the PTU fluid as well? Probably all gunked up by now.
  14. New and improved multimedia center, DIY style. Nice!
  15. Very nice color, and very nice finish. Good luck with organizing the garage, that job never ends!
  16. A: probably a faulty door latch/switch (common issue on the Edge) - some have squirted WD40 on the mechanism & relieved for a little while; ultimate fix is replacement B: likely a faulty headlamp switch. Haven't heard of wiring issues being common (other than an instance of a bad connector on the bulb, for instance), so I would remove & examine the switch. Possibly melted/fused. HTH.
  17. A short take on cleaning stuff is here and here. Very handy. Specifically for cleaning pads: here and here. HTH! Help on uploading pics is here You can also get to the proper place to edit the photo gallery/albums for your profile via this link (worked for me).
  18. Keen observations, and glad your experience turned out well for you This post will help out a lot of people new to the scene! BTW, time to post some pics :stats: Have you figured out the MF towel and pad cleaning process? That's the next thing I am sure you are thinking of If you get enough towels, may want to organize them in drawer carts or something similar. Also buy some quality empty bottles and label them for the particular product you are using. My preference, but I don't like reusing bottles for different products. How clean is clean, you know?
  19. I know this may not be the case, but ... Could be an errant device draining the battery also. Leaving things plugged into the cigarette lighter, forgetting to turn headlights off are other common reasons.
  20. Training yourself to help the Edge sip gas is the hard part! Even then, I find that at the very least, learning and working with the shift points helps any driving style.
  21. Welcome to the party! Now the real fun begins
  22. Welcome! How did you come to pick the Edge as your go-to vehicle? Looking forward to your participation on this forum
  23. Glad to see you here, and hope you will find this to be a home away from home as I have. Plenty of experienced folks on here re maintenance, mods, etc, so feel free to ask away. Of course, we want some pics as proof of ownership first. Secret password and all, you understand .... :shades:
×
×
  • Create New...