Electronic supercharger

TravysCanada

Looked on there website. Didn't see it. Have a link? Price? More HP your main goal?

If its an new intake/filter you're looking for, look for a true cool air intake. Cold air burns hotter/faster. Many kits just suck hot air from the engine compartment. Haven't looked on the Edge but most stock mass air flow sensors are between the filter and throttle body and some kits don't allow there use without modification. Check before you buy to avoid any headaches. Last one I purchased was made by Volant but they only make products for trucks IIRC.

Looked on there website. Didn't see it. Have a link? Price? More HP your main goal?

If its an new intake/filter you're looking for, look for a true cool air intake. Cold air burns hotter/faster. Many kits just suck hot air from the engine compartment. Haven't looked on the Edge but most stock mass air flow sensors are between the filter and throttle body and some kits don't allow there use without modification. Check before you buy to avoid any headaches. Last one I purchased was made by Volant but they only make products for trucks IIRC.

Cold air is more dense than warm air. You can pack more oxygen molecules per square inch into the cylinders the colder the intake air is. That is why cold air will produce more HP than warm air. It doesn't burn hotter or faster.

It releases more energy because of the higher oxygen content. Same as Nitrous. But it doesn't burn hotter or faster.

Optimum fuel air ratio is 14.7 LBS. of air to 1 LB. of fuel. no more, no less. BY weight.

Colder air has more oxygen per volume than warm air. So this is also why 1 lb. of lead will weight more than 1 lb. of feathers, I believe.

A naturally aspirated engine will suck in more air on each intake stroke during the winter than during the summer. Because more air has been drawn in, the computer must supply more fuel to maintain a non-lean burning mixture. Another reason fuel economy drops during the winter months in areas that experience it.

Also along that line, tonight I saw a movie, "The Addams Family Values".

In it, the kids were doing a test. Wednesday and Pugsley were on the top of their home, and the girl asks her brother witch will hit the ground faster? A 20 LB. bowling ball or a 10 LB. baby? The bowling ball. Ahhhhh, but witch will bounce higher, she asks.

So this is also why 1 lb. of lead will weight more than 1 lb. of feathers, I believe.

So 1lb of my bs weighs more than 1lb of your bs? :wacko: Still 454g either way. Please enlighten me with an explanation.

NOS adds O2 for more fuel burn and cools the mix and creates a denser charge. More fuel burn=more heat right? Also habit forming.

So 1lb of my bs weighs more than 1lb of your bs? :wacko: Still 454g either way. Please enlighten me with an explanation.

NOS adds O2 for more fuel burn and cools the mix and creates a denser charge. More fuel burn=more heat right? Also habit forming.

Does 2 sticks of dynamite burn hotter or faster than 1 stick? You're talking about an explosion inside the cylinder and how much force the explosion produces to push the piston down. It's possible the bigger explosion produces a bit more heat but that's a by product of the extra power - not the cause of the extra power.

• 2 weeks later...