Question for KC300C or anyone else who can answer

installed the illuminated sill plates on the girlfriends 2010 Limited about a week ago. Instead of dicking with the harness in the A-pillar i used the wire that was suggested on kc300c's 2011 sport. that has been the only modification done and last night i went out to find that my battery is completely drained

any suggestions?

installed the illuminated sill plates on the girlfriends 2010 Limited about a week ago. Instead of dicking with the harness in the A-pillar i used the wire that was suggested on kc300c's 2011 sport. that has been the only modification done and last night i went out to find that my battery is completely drained

any suggestions?

Ask Dingo he seems to be pretty good with that stuff, he's helped me with a few questions.

No problem. Just think... They're only on when you unlock, and when the dome lights are on. The wires are in the kick panels... Get it?

yeah, lol. and had i stepped out of the "factory boy" box i might have been able to come up with that. but things like that are some of the biggest reasons i joined the forum. despite all of my factory knowledge, i still like to add aftermarket things to all of my vehicles. and we all know forums are the easiest place to find real world R&D

• 3 weeks later...

Dingo is the original Oracle in the first Matrix, not the stand-in Oracle wannabe in the sequels. I am confused as to why your battery drained when using the yellow green. Could the wiring be different between your 2010 and my 2012? It was either Dingo or cal3thousand who suggested I tie them directly into the puddle light power. I need to check my post / video. I thought I had changed it to include this instruction. If not, I'll be sure to. Sorry if I caused a big problem for you.

it is different according to the diagram. the yellow/green is a constant hot on my truck.

No problem. I didnt look very hard to see where the wire goes back to in the bundle. I am getting my front bumper replaced next week by ford (had a lady throw her car in reverse right into my front end a few weeks back), so I want to wait to do the install after I get KLER back.

Sorry to hear about your front end damage. Good thing you didn't have my new vertical LED lights installed yet. By the way, I will be finishing them up in the next few days. I'll shoot you an email when they are going out. If I have time, I'll take some photos and post them so you can see what they look like.

Sounds awesome! I can't wait to see them.