New projects, anyone?

Dingo

Okay, I have a bunch that I'm about to do. I have all kinds of crap ordered.

Anyone else got anything coming up on their Edge that we can all look forward to?

not a bunch of projects, but i've got a good one coming up as soon as we get back from hilton head.

i'm adding nav! woohoo!

so far, i've put the illuminated sill plates on, swapped out the green 2010 entry keypad with a 2011 white keypad.

may look into swapping in eibach 1 to 2 inch drop springs

not a bunch of projects, but i've got a good one coming up as soon as we get back from hilton head.

i'm adding nav! woohoo!

so far, i've put the illuminated sill plates on, swapped out the green 2010 entry keypad with a 2011 white keypad.

may look into swapping in eibach 1 to 2 inch drop springs

You know that you can change the keypad color to anything you want, right? I thought about making mine match whatever ambient lighting color I have set, but I haven't made that decision for sure, yet.

You know that you can change the keypad color to anything you want, right? I thought about making mine match whatever ambient lighting color I have set, but I haven't made that decision for sure, yet.

Hey Dingo,

Could you explain how to change keypad color to match ambient lighting? Didn't know that this could be done.

Thanks,

Joe

Hey Dingo,

Could you explain how to change keypad color to match ambient lighting? Didn't know that this could be done.

Thanks,

Joe

Yeah, remove the keypad and disassemble it. You desolder the LEDs and corresponding resistors and then...

For a static color, solder in new LEDs and resistors to match their voltage.

For dynamic (variable color,) run all four wires from the ambient lighting up to the keypad and solder them to each LED in parallel and pray that you can fit all of that wire in the keypad.

I added LED reverse bulbs today here are the pics next I am planning on putting LED bulbs into all my turning lights...Has anyone changed all there turning lights was curious to know if i need to buy resistors for them...I had KC300C change my rear dome light to LED's waiting for them to come back can't wait to see how they look...

post-19979-0-28249700-1332899723_thumb.jpg

post-19979-0-74032500-1332899727_thumb.jpg

post-19979-0-14188500-1332899731_thumb.jpg

post-19979-0-82691300-1332899734_thumb.jpg

I added LED reverse bulbs today here are the pics next I am planning on putting LED bulbs into all my turning lights...Has anyone changed all there turning lights was curious to know if i need to buy resistors for them...I had KC300C change my rear dome light to LED's waiting for them to come back can't wait to see how they look...

Which ones did you use? Thinking about doing that to my 2013 Edge.

Thanks

Well, today was productive. My buddy came and helped me (stupid hip) remove the foam buckets from my front speakers, install new tweeters, change out the front LED bulbs, fix my secondary radar detector wiring, and adjust some things on my subwoofer.

Here's a video of the new front LED blinker bulbs. Curiously, the camera frame rate must be very close to the modulation frequency of the DRL bars, as I assure you, they were on the whole time. I didn't even notice anything, until I saw the video.

http://youtu.be/3Hi0rVAZls8

Oh, and I have a ton of crap ordered, so there's more to come. One package even left England today, and another is leaving Germany next Tuesday.

Edited by Dingo

Getting more done with a bad hip than most people are doing. Why did you remove the foam around the speakers? Not an audiophile so not sure what benefit that would bring, would have thought they help dampen outside noises.

When I put in the speakers, I put the foam in, too, to protect from water, etc. They created some sound issues, so I took them out.

x237XT68-f.jpeg

Well, today was productive. My buddy came and helped me (stupid hip) remove the foam buckets from my front speakers, install new tweeters, change out the front LED bulbs, fix my secondary radar detector wiring, and adjust some things on my subwoofer.

Here's a video of the new front LED blinker bulbs. Curiously, the camera frame rate must be very close to the modulation frequency of the DRL bars, as I assure you, they were on the whole time. I didn't even notice anything, until I saw the video.

http://youtu.be/3Hi0rVAZls8

Oh, and I have a ton of crap ordered, so there's more to come. One package even left England today, and another is leaving Germany next Tuesday.

they look great but was it just the lighting from outside it looked like the signals were amber and white also which bulbs did you use in the signals

Edited by exodus